NCL joy haven with kids - restricted areas?

bccanadamom

We are booked on a Mexican riviera cruise with our 10 year old son.   Have done the same itinerary on the Sun and the Jewel but excited to try a newer ship.   I am very seriously considering upgrading to the Haven but am unclear about whether there are restricted areas - has anyone been on the Joy with kids that can clarify if there are areas he can't accompany us to?   Particularly the sun deck which I think I read somewhere was adults only.   I'm hoping there's some outdoor space within the haven where we can relax quietly - He's very polite and wouldn't be noticed but we also are not rule-breakers so if there's no outdoor deck space we may reconsider.... appreciate your experience, thanks group!

4 minutes ago, bccanadamom said:

We are booked on a Mexican riviera cruise with our 10 year old son.   Have done the same itinerary on the Sun and the Jewel but excited to try a newer ship.   I am very seriously considering upgrading to the Haven but am unclear about whether there are restricted areas - has anyone been on the Joy with kids that can clarify if there are areas he can't accompany us to?   Particularly the sun deck which I think I read somewhere was adults only.   I'm hoping there's some outdoor space within the haven where we can relax quietly - He's very polite and wouldn't be noticed but we also are not rule-breakers so if there's no outdoor deck space we may reconsider.... appreciate your experience, thanks group!

Well the pool area is open to children. When the roof is open, that is like being outdoors (more or less). The top deck (sun deck) is 16 or older so he can't hang out there, But that's the only place he can't go ... the observation lounge is open to him as is the outdoor seating at the restaurant. Does that help?

2 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Well the pool area is open to children. When the roof is open, that is like being outdoors (more or less). The top deck (sun deck) is 16 or older so he can't hang out there, But that's the only place he can't go ... the observation lounge is open to him as is the outdoor seating at the restaurant. Does that help?

Yes, thank you!   I didn't realize the roof opened on the pool area - that's great news and will work for us!

T0527NCLJOYLHAVEN_HR.jpg?n=6423&origwidt

In addition to the courtyard lower level, there is an upper level that is still indoors (under the glass roof) but has plenty of seating/lounge chairs. That area is for all ages. By the sliding glass door that leads to outside, there will be a sign that states 16 and older beyond that point (the outside sun deck). The concierge can sometimes "bend" the rules and allow youngsters up on the sundeck such as during sailaway. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

3 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

T0527NCLJOYLHAVEN_HR.jpg?n=6423&origwidt

In addition to the courtyard lower level, there is an upper level that is still indoors (under the glass roof) but has plenty of seating/lounge chairs. That area is for all ages. By the sliding glass door that leads to outside, there will be a sign that states 16 and older beyond that point (the outside sun deck). The concierge can sometimes "bend" the rules and allow youngsters up on the sundeck such as during sailaway. 

Thank you for the info!