Divina or X reflection

cruisingnewtoit

17 minutes ago, George C said:

The YC suite on Seaside seems a little bigger than sky suites on M class ships like infinity and summit which are really small for a suite , but solstice class have large suites. 

Can't disagree with you, I was comparing YC to Reflection not their 20 year old ships.

• Like 1

Hi

We are boarding Meraviglia today for our 3rd YC cruise this year totalling 56 days.

No it’s not Celebrity we have done 23 cruises with them but as people are saying they are pricing themselves too high for the product. We have cruised most grades with them Balcony,Concierge,Aqua, Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite and Royal suites.

MSC does have a good product and they are increasing prices. If you go with an open mind and you aren’t picky about where you are on the sun deck on some ships you can have a good time. The tv in cabin isn’t good (husband likes an afternoon movie) like X and the food is improving according to reports (the food really was the only failing for us)

Enjoy your cruise 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mickey89 said:

You aren't comparing apples to apples.  I would wait until you have completed your first YC experience before saying you wouldn't go back.  We were in the same situation 18 months ago, fed up with Celebrity price hikes so did our first YC cruise  - it was definitely not what people cracked it up to be, now 6months later we have booked Reflection. A 21 night cruise in 1A cabin was over $2000 cheaper than Seaside 14 night YC cruise.  You have missed the boat if you believe YC is third the cost of Celebrity. You can't compare Celebrity suites to YC suites (as they call them), they are no bigger than a normal balcony on X and the food well say no more, as I said Celebrity MDR is better than MSC YC dining for sure.

We are booked on Mera YC Feb 2019. If it's a total bust we might cancel our Jan 2021 Divina YC cruise.

1A on Reflection was IRC $400 cheaper than our Divina YC cruise. I think X price will come down a little closer to sailing date. 

15 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

1A on Reflection was IRC $400 cheaper than our Divina YC cruise. I think X price will come down a little closer to sailing date. 

In the past we have booked our cruises with a USA agent both for MSC and Celebrity cruises.  Have you considered booking via the UK, I assume its possible.  UK prices for the Divina and Reflection is a lot cheaper than US at the moment.  The downside of booking in the UK is all deposits are non-refundable.

6 hours ago, mickey89 said:

In the past we have booked our cruises with a USA agent both for MSC and Celebrity cruises.  Have you considered booking via the UK, I assume its possible.  UK prices for the Divina and Reflection is a lot cheaper than US at the moment.  The downside of booking in the UK is all deposits are non-refundable.

Oh I didn't know you could do that. I'm always leerry because as you said you lose the deposit in the UK.

MSC was cheap for non YC cabins. Norwegian & RCL was in the norm price point for a regular cabin. X was in the crazy train price lane IMO for a regular cabin.