Divina or X reflection

cruisingnewtoit

Hi all

I'm planning my 2021 cruise. I haven't even sailed on MSC yet. Feb 2020 in the YC on Mera will be my 1st time.

X will be in Aqua

MSC in YC

I like both itineraries. MSC is going to Panama & Costa Rica. X is going to Aruba.

TIA for any info

Edited by cruisingnewtoit

I loved YC on the MSC Seaside and would choose it over the Reflection for warm climate itineraries. I don't know which MSC ship you are looking at.  I've heard that the YC Pool grill on older MSC ships is nowhere near as nice as on the newer ships.  If true, for us this would definitely degrade the YC experience.  That said, we love the Reflection.  This is one of those times when you can't make a bad choice😁

Elite + on Celebrity. Diamond on MSC. Been on both ships. 

MSC YC is a no brainer.

Cost, ship, ports, entertainment totally wins on MSC.

Only plus for Celebrity is food/service in MDR, buffet and Speciality Restaurants. Far exceeds MSC.

However, YC should be the plus factor for food/ service. 

Going on Seaside Nov 2019 and Celebrity Edge in Feb 2020.

Happy Cruising!

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Elite + on Celebrity. Diamond on MSC. Been on both ships. 

MSC YC is a no brainer.

Cost, ship, ports, entertainment totally wins on MSC.

Only plus for Celebrity is food/service in MDR, buffet and Speciality Restaurants. Far exceeds MSC.

However, YC should be the plus factor for food/ service. 

Going on Seaside Nov 2019 and Celebrity Edge in Feb 2020.

Happy Cruising!

Service is huge for my DH & I so I'm worried about YC. But we also love entertainment.

Thanks for the info

I too am Elite + on Celebrity and Reflection is a beautiful ship.  But nothing compares to the YC!  Even if you were in a suite on Reflection (and if so you would be paying a LOT more than you would in YC) you would not have a private pool deck nor a dedicated lounge with a stunning view.  IMHO try Reflection (or any of the Solstice Class ships) some time but save your money and don't do AQ, just a regular balcony and use the savings to buy a specialty dining package.  But do YC first!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I too am Elite + on Celebrity and Reflection is a beautiful ship.  But nothing compares to the YC!  Even if you were in a suite on Reflection (and if so you would be paying a LOT more than you would in YC) you would not have a private pool deck nor a dedicated lounge with a stunning view.  IMHO try Reflection (or any of the Solstice Class ships) some time but save your money and don't do AQ, just a regular balcony and use the savings to buy a specialty dining package.  But do YC first!

Agree with your comments. AQ is not worth the extra cost in our opinion. Celebritys Dining pkg very expensive! Try to get BOGO on the ship instead. 

Nothing special about Reflection. Just another S class ship. 

6 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Agree with your comments. AQ is not worth the extra cost in our opinion. Celebritys Dining pkg very expensive! Try to get BOGO on the ship instead. 

If we do reflection we will probably buy a dining pckg & thermal spa pass.

Aqua on Reflection with all 4 perks is more expensive than YC on Divina.

11 minutes ago, Oxo said:

BOGO I didn't know X runs those deals. Thanks I will look out for this.

17 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

When on the ship they walk around trying to sell the Specialty Restaurants. That is when they will give you 30 to 50% off.  On Celebrity (X) that is the only way to go.

X is very expensive compared to all the other cruise lines on their dining pkgs.

Example, we got an Unlimited Dining pkg (UDP) for our upcoming RCI Symphony OTS for $175/person that includes sea day lunches. Priced an X UDP for our up coming Edge cruise it was over $270.

Our MSC Seaside 3 meal pkg was only $65/ person. 

No comparison.  JMHO!

• Thanks 1

We decided on YC on Divina, cabin #15021. 

Reflection a regular cabin with WiFi & drinks was $400 less than YC. 

This is an expensive cruise for my DH & I. It's 10 days, 1st one over 7 days.

I wanted Seaside or the sister ship, itinerary didn't match up for us. Sadly Divina doesn't have a good thermal spa.

Thanks everyone for the  input 😆.

4 hours ago, George C said:

We will be doing our first msc yacht club in a month , do not care for celebrity mdr , but love luminae there suite restaurant, buffet is also good on celebrity. Would not cruise celebrity again other than in a suite. 

I would love to try X as a suite guest. Right now not in the budget. 

I thought the food was decent in the MDR. Their prices are going way up.

We’ve cruised both MSC Yacht Club and Celebrity S class ships.  Given the choice between Yacht Club and say 1A balcony cabin on Reflection, I would definitely choose Celebrity every time. Smoking is a major problem on MSC and rules are seldom enforced, if you are a smoker go for MSC otherwise choose Celebrity.  Although the YC enclave is very relaxing if you venture outside it is a nightmare, manners and civility are rare.  The YC dining experience on MSC is not comparable to even Celebrity MDR let alone Lumina and definitely not anywhere near to be compared to Murano restaurant. 

Edited by mickey89
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

We decided on YC on Divina, cabin #15021. 

Reflection a regular cabin with WiFi & drinks was $400 less than YC. 

This is an expensive cruise for my DH & I. It's 10 days, 1st one over 7 days.

I wanted Seaside or the sister ship, itinerary didn't match up for us. Sadly Divina doesn't have a good thermal spa.

Thanks everyone for the  input 😆.

You made the right choice.  We did Aqua Class twice and Sky Suite 1 on Reflection, and have done YC twice on Divina and once on Seaside.  We loved Reflection enough to sail it three times in a row, but, as mentioned before, service in YC far exceeds Celebrity.  And you can't beat the price for YC as compared to X.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

Celebrity do not offer BOGO on their specialty dining. The best you will get is the package prices which are generally 20%-35% discounted, or first evening discount of 30%.

Edited by Jossie1960
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, George C said:

We will be doing our first msc yacht club in a month , do not care for celebrity mdr , but love luminae there suite restaurant, buffet is also good on celebrity. Would not cruise celebrity again other than in a suite. 

...have to agree with George C!  We've done numerous Aqua and Suite cruises on X, don't like MDR, love Luminae and won't go back unless it's Suite (but the $$$, oh my!).  We're doing our first YC in December and very much looking forward to it.  Considering it is about 1/3 the cost of X it may be hard to go back after YC!  Good luck with your choices!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, seahags said:

......... Considering it is about 1/3 the cost of X it may be hard to go back after YC!  Good luck with your choices!

You aren't comparing apples to apples.  I would wait until you have completed your first YC experience before saying you wouldn't go back.  We were in the same situation 18 months ago, fed up with Celebrity price hikes so did our first YC cruise  - it was definitely not what people cracked it up to be, now 6months later we have booked Reflection. A 21 night cruise in 1A cabin was over $2000 cheaper than Seaside 14 night YC cruise.  You have missed the boat if you believe YC is third the cost of Celebrity. You can't compare Celebrity suites to YC suites (as they call them), they are no bigger than a normal balcony on X and the food well say no more, as I said Celebrity MDR is better than MSC YC dining for sure.

13 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

You aren't comparing apples to apples.  I would wait until you have completed your first YC experience before saying you wouldn't go back.  We were in the same situation 18 months ago, fed up with Celebrity price hikes so did our first YC cruise  - it was definitely not what people cracked it up to be, now 6months later we have booked Reflection. A 21 night cruise in 1A cabin was over $2000 cheaper than Seaside 14 night YC cruise.  You have missed the boat if you believe YC is third the cost of Celebrity. You can't compare Celebrity suites to YC suites (as they call them), they are no bigger than a normal balcony on X and the food well say no more, as I said Celebrity MDR is better than MSC YC dining for sure.

The YC suite on Seaside seems a little bigger than sky suites on M class ships like infinity and summit which are really small for a suite , but solstice class have large suites. 

• Like 1