Medicine in Dubai

jjh9

UAE Controlled Substances If it's not contained within this link,  you can bring it without obtaining prior permission through their website, such as low level prescription medications that are non_narcotics or not highly abusive drugs.  Bring your doctor's order/prescription for all prescribed medication.

I've been there numerous times, and they never asked about any vitamin/mineral supplements or anything else.  But, best have some backup documentation for anything prescribed.

1 hour ago, Epos Man said:

you should also only have enough medicine for a maximum of 30 days treatment

Prescribed medication can be 90 days or even 6 months if you have a prescription.  Most people going to Dubai stay 30 days or less on their visa on arrival.  However, they can renew it for up to 90 days, and use their medications for that period of time.  I don't know any country that limits medication to 30 days.  I always travel with at least a 6 month supply of medications and vitamins.  Everybody traveling aren't vacationers, who only travel a few days to a few weeks.  There are full-time travelers, like myself and world cruisers that are travelling months on end with at least 6 months worth of medications.

15 minutes ago, Bollinge said:

You can buy most prescription drugs over the counter without prescription, but all drugs containing opioids (which may be legal in your country) are STRICTLY prohibited in Dubai.

Who mentioned opiods?  Did you even read this entire thread?  The OP requested information about arriving to Dubai with medication.  The OP was provided that information by a few posters including myself.  Narcotics are allowed if prior authorization is granted by the government.  However, there are some drugs that are completely banned, such as illicit drugs like heroin and cocaine.  However, oxycodone (an opioid for instance) is permitted with prior government approval.

3 hours ago, Skoobdo said:

Prescribed medication can be 90 days or even 6 months if you have a prescription.  Most people going to Dubai stay 30 days or less on their visa on arrival.  However, they can renew it for up to 90 days, and use their medications for that period of time.  I don't know any country that limits medication to 30 days.  I always travel with at least a 6 month supply of medications and vitamins.  Everybody traveling aren't vacationers, who only travel a few days to a few weeks.  There are full-time travelers, like myself and world cruisers that are travelling months on end with at least 6 months worth of medications.

For regular medicines yes it's 90 days but if they are listed as controlled then its 30 days if in or transiting through the UAE

image.thumb.png.4733781e1ebc7ebe017b7254d1eec8f8.png

Edited by Epos Man