Dining Question

Ukigirl

We have 5:30 reservations for an upcoming cruise but if there are some days we don’t make it at that time, I understand we would just wait in line. Would we be better off with My Time Dining?  Would we get in quicker? I know we wouldn’t have the same table or waiters.

We modify our 5:30 seating days for a different reason.

We try to dine in CK, but there are a couple menus that are not to our liking.

So when we board, we check out the CK menus for the week, and pick the days we will eat there.

Then we select our pay dining venues and book them.

Then we go  to the MDR  and tell them which days we will be present in case they want to rearrange our seating, not our time.

This seems to work for us.

Some days are late port days, and some days we just like to  move around.

We have found then to be very flexible.

I have never done MTD, but I have seen a very long line waiting to be seated.

Good luck.

27 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

We have 5:30 reservations for an upcoming cruise but if there are some days we don’t make it at that time, I understand we would just wait in line. Would we be better off with My Time Dining?  Would we get in quicker? I know we wouldn’t have the same table or waiters.

If you have fixed (traditional dining) at 5:30 and you don't make it in time, your options are Windjammer or a specialty restaurant.  You cannot stand in the MTD line unless you assigned to MTD. 

If you cannot commit to eating at your fixed traditional time, then it's best to switch to MTD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ukigirl said:

If you have traditional dining you cannot change to MTD for random nights (usually).

We have had MTD for many years, except one when MTD was full. You can request the same table/server each night if you like them, (or a change if you didn’t like them), and they will try to accommodate.

I see you have already tried to change. This was the problem we had on a smaller ship. It was difficult to get it changed officially but they said there wouldn’t be a problem to eat late, which is what we wanted and we were happy to use Windjammer otherwise.

Edited by c-leg5