Baltic, Iceland, Norway and the U.K.on a cruise

While we were waiting for the last ferry Radmyla disappeared for a few minutes . When we saw her she was running towards us with 3 ice cream cones that we beginning to melt . Well we knew the solution and it was the best ice cream that we have had in a long time ! We were cutting it close but we made a quick stop at the Askla viewpoint .

DSC08452%203_zpsbxnaw8uw.jpg

IMG_4839%202_zpshkadmv0k.jpg

IMG_4846%202_zpshboy5v3a.jpg

I felt blessed to be able to spend the day with these 2 beautiful ladies

IMG_4876%202_zpswe6ejp9e.jpg

We had a 36 hour crossing to Iceland . Beautiful colors at sea , but a cold breeze

IMG_4959%201_zpsczhmeahn.jpg

We really wished that we had this balcony when we were in Antarctica in December/January this year

IMG_4963%202_zpsci2cfr24.jpg

IMG_4954%202_zpsplr2sndo.jpg

Dinner was served

DSC08504%203_zpsqyzo5nse.jpg

DSC08505%202_zpsbovtxtxe.jpg

DSC08507%202_zps5mxvmyby.jpg

We had booked an Iceland/Transatlantic on a Princess cruise in September of 2015 but my wife fell breaking her kneecap into 3 pieces just a couple weeks before our cruise . This would be our second chance on the following morning to visit Iceland .

DSC08495%202_zpsjrotkoke.jpg

When we signed up for this cruise kinda late and we hopped on the CC roll call . We had nothing planned for Seydisfjordur and we saw that Travelin Texas Gal had organized a trip there called Puffins , Elves and More . It was limited to 6 and we saw her nice photos so we contacted her and signed up .

IMG_0164%202_zpsjeavw2pl.jpg

Heading down we met ashore

IMG_0167%202_zps52vbmykj.jpg

DSC08511%202_zpswddnbkng.jpg

It was nice being with some other serious photographers so we could shout out for a stop . There was plenty of room in the bus and the driver , Christian , narrated as we drove .

DSC08513%202_zpsbziz6n1w.jpg

We crossed over some high country seeing some blue

IMG_0189%202_zpsbbfhjgeg.jpg

IMG_0190%202_zpsjj5sn5lq.jpg

Back into fog we were told that the road markers is where the snow could rise in Winter

IMG_0194%202_zps6vxq9vjt.jpg

Lindarbakki turf house

IMG_0219%202_zpszrvhllt2.jpg

IMG_0226%202_zpsl9pxk7js.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Ahhh, now we are getting back to familiar turf (houses).  I've been waiting patiently for your Iceland pictures!

By the way, those road markers are a standard height around the country.  They are just to mark the side of the road, they often get buried and then some.  But they do an excellent job of reflecting your headlights in a land where there are no street lights.

For a great view of them, check out this video from The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

That's a great film to see Iceland in general.  The Iceland, Greenland, and Afghanistan scenes were all shot in Iceland

5 hours ago, Nitemare said:

Ahhh, now we are getting back to familiar turf (houses).  I've been waiting patiently for your Iceland pictures!

By the way, those road markers are a standard height around the country.  They are just to mark the side of the road, they often get buried and then some.  But they do an excellent job of reflecting your headlights in a land where there are no street lights.

For a great view of them, check out this video from The Secret Life of Walter Mitty . That's a great film to see Iceland in general.  The Iceland, Greenland, and Afghanistan scenes were all shot in Iceland

Thank you for your patience . 😉 We haven't seen that movie yet but we did like Ben in Zoolander and Meet the Parents . Robert De Niro reminded me of when I met my future FIL .