The Sanctuary?

Kamfish642

Cabana's are available on Royal class ships.  Pricing as I recall was $140 / day for the open sided ones near the retreat pool and $220 (or was it $240) / day for the fully closed ones within the Sanctuary itself.  I've never encounter cabana's on Grand class ships though I'm told some of the ships have had a couple added in recent dry docks.  My guess is pricing will be similar.

I'm not aware of any discounts for full cruise bookings.  Personally I've never seen one booked for more than a single day no doubt there have been exceptions.  The "big" cabana's on Royal had a flat screen TV with wireless earphones (though the logic of paying a lot of money to set near the ocean staring at the TV is lost on me).  Also included a basket of fruit and some soft drinks.  The strange thing is the lounger were fully out of the cabana in the direct sun.  Inside the cabana was an L-shaped patio sofa.  

The "small" cabana's in the retreat pool area were open on all sides and provided shade only when the sun was directly overhead - any other time not much shade at all.  These were immediately adjacent to the pool itself so not much of a Sanctuary from the perspective of noise.

Half day rates were 1/2 of the fees stated above.

Edited by jondfk
typo

On 11/14/2019 at 11:46 PM, CallyCruzer said:

I guess while I understand you say it’s supposed to be fun, if you are going to talk loudly, laugh and play cards etc, I would think the rest of the deck is for that and the Sanctuary is a  quiet  “tranquil“  place as advertised.  Otherwise you are paying for a softer chair and that’s it.  We found on this trip it just didn’t fit what we were looking for. 

Is anyone aware of an official policy from Princess as to the use of speakers, especially in the Sanctuary? We had someone play music through their phone on the first sea day of our cruise and then someone else decided that they wanted to listen to their music through a blue tooth speaker. Not exactly calming and peaceful. The staff just seemed to ignore the issue. 

13 minutes ago, jondfk said:

Cabana's are available on Royal class ships.  Pricing as I recall was $140 / day for the open sided ones near the retreat pool and $220 (or was it $240) / day for the fully closed ones within the Sanctuary itself.  I've never encounter cabana's on Grand class ships though I'm told some of the ships have had a couple added in recent dry docks.  My guess is pricing will be similar.

I'm not aware of any discounts for full cruise bookings.  Personally I've never seen one booked for more than a single day no doubt there have been exceptions.  The "big" cabana's on Royal had a flat screen TV with wireless earphones (though the logic of paying a lot of money to set near the ocean staring at the TV is lost on me).  Also included a basket of fruit and some soft drinks.  The strange thing is the lounger were fully out of the cabana in the direct sun.  Inside the cabana was an L-shaped patio sofa.  

The "small" cabana's in the retreat pool area were open on all sides and provided shade only when the sun was directly overhead - any other time not much shade at all.  These were immediately adjacent to the pool itself so not much of a Sanctuary from the perspective of noise.

We just disembarked off the Regal a few days ago and had one of the big Cabanas booked for one of the sea days. The price is $220, though on the day, it was pouring rain and I went up around 8AM and cancelled with no problems. There is more than just ",,, a basket of fruit and some soft drinks" The Cabanas also come with bottles of booze. and/or wine as well as a special food menu.

4 minutes ago, polmcs said:

Is anyone aware of an official policy from Princess as to the use of speakers, especially in the Sanctuary? We had someone play music through their phone on the first sea day of our cruise and then someone else decided that they wanted to listen to their music through a blue tooth speaker. Not exactly calming and peaceful. The staff just seemed to ignore the issue. 

Ouch. Did you complain to the Sanctuary Manager at the time, and if so, did they then refuse to act? The very fact that the Sanctuary Cabanas do come with wireless headphones for their TVs indicates they want to keep the area quiet.

FWIW, worst case if it was too onerous for you, I know that the Sanctuary management is very accommodating in giving refunds for a variety of reasons (albeit usually weather-related) I am quite sure they would have refunded you if you requested it.

2 hours ago, jondfk said:

Oh bummer I didn't realize the big cabanas were only on royal class ships...we will be in the emerald and was thinking it would be a nice spot to be vs out in deck with cool/cold wind.   We will just go sit in one of the quiet lounges not in use if it's to cold to sit outside...although a friend of mine on sky said they are now pumping music into those places and he just wanted a quiet spot to sit and read...