Some comments about my Navigator cruise-NYC-MIA

cruiseluv

On 11/21/2019 at 9:07 AM, vitacura said:

Hi Marc,

My wife and I were also on this cruise and spoke to many of the senior staff with regards to the future of the Navigator, especially with the arrival of the Splendor and then another new ship in a few years time. While they admitted there were talks of selling the ship in the  past, the fact that bookings remain high and she sails near capacity most of the time, made Regent decide to keep her as demonstrated by the last refurbishment and another one next year.

Hope it remains in the fleet as she is a favorite for many of the crew as well as my wife and I.

+1 on keeping the Navigator in the fleet.  After the launch of the newer ships, I’d love to see Navigator sort of repurposed into something more like an ‘expedition-lite’ ship, sailing more off the beaten path.  I’m sure they could find some great itineraries for her.

We loved the cruises we had on the Navigator including a trans-Atlantic.   In fact we "re-met" some wonderful friends we had cruised with on the Italian line in 1971 (I think...) when we sailed from FLL to Venice many years ago on the Navigator.

That cruise was more than special.   In addition to meeting old friends (un-programmed...) it was "New York Theatre Guild at sea" - or similar.  Wonderful actors, including Patricia Neal, in a wheel chair but very articulate.  I would not have changed it for the world and I think this is the way the Navigator needs to go...Highly specialized and LOTS of fun!

I agree, "Hami" (giggle!) We loved the Navigator. She was the first Regent ship we sailed on, well before AI. Soft expedition would be a wonderful choice for this ship. Let's face it, ...most of the other AI lines are going to the "expedition" format for some of their ships....Regent, not yet.