SF info needed

ltthib

We are cruising to HI on the grand princess Feb 21. Arriving at SFO around midnight on the 20th and staying at the Grand Hyatt SFO. Need info getting to the hotel and then to the cruise pier next am. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

The BART is probably out, you will probably miss the last train.

Super Shuttle, or similar is an option to the hotel. I have used it several times from SFO to a downtown hotel but not at that hour. Better call them to verify availability, otherwise most people will recommend Uber.

For the hotel to the port, use Uber. On my last cruise, I asked the hotel doorman for a taxi and he said it would be faster, cheaper, and cleaner to use an Uber. Everybody Uber's in SF.

1 hour ago, ltthib said:

We are cruising to HI on the grand princess Feb 21. Arriving at SFO around midnight on the 20th and staying at the Grand Hyatt SFO. Need info getting to the hotel and then to the cruise pier next am. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

The Grand Hyatt SFO is located at the airport.  You can take the AirTrain from the terminals directly to the hotel.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/california/grand-hyatt-at-sfo/sfogh

Taxi or ride-share to the pier the next AM.

Edited by Philob

Make sure you are at the airport Grand Hyatt as some people were actually booked at the Grand Hyatt at Union Square in San Francisco but showed up at the airport hotel!

I'm staying at the airport Grand Hyatt next week for the first time.  Glad that the AirTrain goes right there!!!

Have a great cruise!

~Nancy

To the OP.  If you are indeed staying at the Grand Hyatt at UNION SQUARE at that time of the night just get a taxi or arrange a limo.

BART (subway) shuts down at midnight.   Lyft/Uber pickups are no longer curbside and you have to lug your luggage to the designated pickup area.   Shuttles may have 2-3 stops before your hotel and you may get there after "last call" at the bar.

30 minutes ago, ltthib said:

Maybe a dumb question but I'm not familiar with SFO. Where do I get skytrain? We're on AA

Just follow the overhead signs to level 3, over the walkway to the stations, use an elevator if you are using a luggage cart.  

https://www.flysfo.com/to-from/getting-around-sfo

AA is in Terminal 2.

Edited by Philob