debating about purchasing internet

KsucAts

We have never purchased internet on our previous 6 cruises (4 Disney & 2 Royal).  I enjoy disconnecting from the real world for a week.  But I do always get free internet at port stops to catch up on email to make sure there are no fires I need to put out at work.  My kids are like most teenagers and spend more time than they should on their phones when on land, so not having internet for a week is a good break for them also.  

The one thing that Disney had that Royal didn't and I don't think does yet (Liberty) is the ability for us to communicate with each other while on the ship by using their app without purchasing a package.  I miss that ability.  So with the current sale price ($21 for 4 devices), I am considering it.  I would like ability to communicate with each other and for me to check up on work in the morning while my wife is getting ready.  But I don't want my kids on it other than when communicating with us and a little bit each day.  

Unfortunately Liberty is not yet one of the ships that supports the free texting portion of the RC App.

Perhaps by the time you sail, but there's been no public release of any rollout schedule.

• Like 1

We bought internet... but only for one device at a time. I'm hoping that will meet basic needs for connectivity (and downloading new trashy ebooks onto my Kindle) without meaning that my kids spend all their time in their phones. 

The fact that I means that I won't miss the new season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon? Just a minor, minor perk. 😉

• Like 1