Mariner Luncheon Guests

Jsipes

The tiles make an attractive, useful souvenir.  I wonder if these are offered on full charters? No one has ever mentioned the tiles to me so I shall ask about the tiles on my next cruise.

Thank you for answering my question!

Not unusual for full ship charters to run differently than regular public sailings.  When they're renting the entire ship, they can pretty much do whatever they want.  One music charter I was reading about let you pay to dine in what is normally the suites-only restaurant on one line, for example (and the suites were relegated to the MDR otherwise).  The brochure even said that although you would get loyalty club points for the sailing, that was it as far as loyalty program perks.

Edited by bEwAbG

Yes, it's quite obvious on board that the full charter "rules" are different from other cruises.  For example, when a Disney ship is a full charter, there is no sign of Mickey Mouse anywhere!

It seems to me that HAL might be missing an opportunity to turn charter cruisers into loyal HAL cruisers.  Most of us cruise this charter year after year, to the point that we cruise as much to see each other as to participate in the specific charter activities.  Why not "tip" that positive experience into a positive desire to choose HAL for our other cruises?

Maybe we'll one day take a "regular" HAL cruise and check out the Mariner Luncheon.

WHAT do you all do with the HA tiles??    I have a bunch stacked up with my china!    Would be nice if there was a light-weight metal form that would hold 12-20 tiles as a tray or as a hot plate.  Do you use them as drink coasters?   I nearly have enough to use at my Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners for 22!!

Also WHAT do you all do with those Medals they give out, other than a Christmas ornament?

Just looked at the ebay link ---  Holy Cow, 804 listings on Ebay selling HA tiles!!  Many listings include a group of tiles.   I about fell out of my chair.   (Enough for alot of trays....haha!)

Edited by Cruisin Kay D

22 minutes ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

Also WHAT do you all do with those Medals they give out, other than a Christmas ornament?

Traditionally, people bring their medallions on subsequent cruises, and wear them to the Mariners' Party held late in the cruise. 
I keep mine stored in my carry-on luggage. It's not that heavy, and I can't forget it. 

36 minutes ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

WHAT do you all do with the HA tiles?? 

We have 34 stuck to the wall in our family room,  and 6 just sitting in a dresser drawer. Some of these were gifts from people that didn't want them or picked them up at flea markets.