Question re Haven sundeck on Getaway

GettotheSun

Based on what I’ve read, access to the Haven sundeck is restricted to ages 16+.

This only applies to the fully outside sundeck, adjacent to Vibe , correct?  Within the Haven, there is the 2nd level deck that oversees the Haven pool etc.... this would not be restricted to 16+ ?

Ive seen videos when the Haven roof is open and there doesn’t even seem to be a door that separates the indoor/outdoor sundeck, to the fully outside sundeck, so is it some sort of honour system to not let your kids onto the sundeck? 

17 minutes ago, GettotheSun said:

Based on what I’ve read, access to the Haven sundeck is restricted to ages 16+.

This only applies to the fully outside sundeck, adjacent to Vibe , correct?  Within the Haven, there is the 2nd level deck that oversees the Haven pool etc.... this would not be restricted to 16+ ?

Ive seen videos when the Haven roof is open and there doesn’t even seem to be a door that separates the indoor/outdoor sundeck, to the fully outside sundeck, so is it some sort of honour system to not let your kids onto the sundeck? 

There is no Haven retractable roof on Getaway (only -Away class ship not to have one).   Yes I believe you are correct, the Haven sundeck is 16+ over.  The pool area (ground level) is entirely for kids and families and has no age restrictions.

Edited by david_sobe

Thanks to you both.  I was hoping the upper deck within the courtyard would be open to everyone.  (Seems odd to have an “invisible” barrier to the 16+ area, but I’m guessing Haven guests are compliant, haha)

lol - didn’t realize there was no retractable roof!   Does the Breakaway have one?

7 minutes ago, GettotheSun said:

Thanks to you both.  I was hoping the upper deck within the courtyard would be open to everyone.  (Seems odd to have an “invisible” barrier to the 16+ area, but I’m guessing Haven guests are compliant, haha)

lol - didn’t realize there was no retractable roof!   Does the Breakaway have one?

Yes the Breakaway has one.  The reason is because when these ships were built, NCL  planned the Breakaway to stay in NYC and Getaway in Miami.  They felt it was a waste to spend money on a roof for a ship that sails the Caribbean.  But soon after they started sending these ships everywhere.

I think FLcruisegirl has sailed Getaway more recently than me and she says the Haven sundeck is not age restricted.

1 hour ago, GettotheSun said:

I was on the Getaway in the Haven last week. We stayed in the upper deck area of the Haven.  There were a few younger children by the pool and a few older children, guessing 13-15 or so upstairs.  I'm guessing well-mannered, not too young children could easily blend in with everyone else with no issue.  There are so many available deck chairs up there I can't even explain it.  It's an awesome area!