A Tulum Mayan And 5th Avenue Experience

zitsky

I searched but couldn't find a thread about this.  I'm booked for Tulum and 5th Avenue excursion.  This is more touristy, time for shopping.  Maybe the beach break version would be more enjoyable.  It's a little bit more.  It's interesting that the Tulum tours are listed as 8 hours, same as Chichen Itza but Chichen Itza seems much farther away.

Google it and you'll find lots of information.

I've taken the beach break version (with HAL, but very similar) and would definitely do it again. I don't cruise to go shopping, but that's just me.

Chichen Itza is much too long of a bus ride for my liking. We came back on the ferry with a bus load of passengers who had chosen the Chechen Itza tour and they all commented on how they loved the site but felt the time on site didn't justify the time travelling. 

I didn't intend to pick the shopping version.  I just didn't see the beach version when I signed up.  5th Avenue is $15 cheaper.  Beach sounds nice just not sure if worth more $.  I wouldn't mind looking around the shopping area.  

We did the beach version on Royal, and the lunch at the beach club was enjoyable...and after the heat of touring the ruins, a beach break was a great relief.    

Friends on the same cruise did Chitcinitza, and they spent a big chunk of that time in transit.   

We both loved our experiences!  

On 12/6/2019 at 4:54 PM, zitsky said:

I searched but couldn't find a thread about this.  I'm booked for Tulum and 5th Avenue excursion.  This is more touristy, time for shopping.  Maybe the beach break version would be more enjoyable.  It's a little bit more.  It's interesting that the Tulum tours are listed as 8 hours, same as Chichen Itza but Chichen Itza seems much farther away.

If I were going to Chichen Itza, I would fly.  It is a more efficient way versus taking that ferry.  Personally, I have reservations about that ferry.  

3 hours ago, keesar said:

If I were going to Chichen Itza, I would fly.  It is a more efficient way versus taking that ferry.  Personally, I have reservations about that ferry.  

I have to take the ferry anyway to get to Tulum.  Hmmm.