Mistaken Redress Number Added to Profile

teacherman

We have a reservation on American Airlines to S America on Jan 5.  I went into "Passenger Information" to enter our passport  information and Global Entry numbers.  My information, but not my wife's, showed that I have a Redress Number.  I do not.  The number shown is my son's phone number which I entered under Emergency Contact.  I think it must have happened when I used Auto Fill to put in some information (BAD IDEA).  So, I deleted it and said "save changes".   I went back into the profile the next day, and the redress number is still there, but my passport information is missing.  My wife's information is still there.  Should I try and contact AA to deal with this?  If so, who would I contact?  I believe a real redress number has 7 digits and the phone number has 10 digits.  Should I just leave it alone, since I don't really have a number?  Have any of you had this happen to you?

8 minutes ago, teacherman said:

Advice to all-do not use auto-fill feature (on Chrome) do do an airline reservation.

There is nothing wrong with using any auto-fill feature.

The problem comes up when you hit the submit button before double-checking all of the entries.  You probably check the date, time and cities for the flights...check everything else too.

• Like 1