Allergy question

Crunchymom

We have cruised with our daughter who is gluten free, and she had no problems. My wife is dairy free and has a severe allergy to bell peppers and she has had no problem.Β  As people mentioned earlier, speak to Maitre D on boarding, and with head waiter before each meal for peace of mind, but you should have no problem.

• Like 1

On NCL, we contact the special needs department ahead of time, it’s noted on our reservation, and the dietary manager meets with us at lunch on the first day after boarding. My daughter usually orders her breakfasts and dinners ahead of time, and sticks to prepared gf food at lunch.

• Like 1

Wow, this is all really good to know! On our last cruise, I think I remember seeing foods labeled gluten free at the buffet but at that time I wasn't purposely looking. How about the 24 hour pizza? He loved the cruise pizza, which consisted of probably 90% of what he ate the whole cruise, lol....he's 15. I'm assuming there's a gluten free option? It has been a struggle with this diagnosis because he was already picky to begin with, now he's even more limited. And gluten free foods aren't exactly cheap. 😞

54 minutes ago, Crunchymom said:

Wow, this is all really good to know! On our last cruise, I think I remember seeing foods labeled gluten free at the buffet but at that time I wasn't purposely looking. How about the 24 hour pizza? He loved the cruise pizza, which consisted of probably 90% of what he ate the whole cruise, lol....he's 15. I'm assuming there's a gluten free option? It has been a struggle with this diagnosis because he was already picky to begin with, now he's even more limited. And gluten free foods aren't exactly cheap. 😞

Lol my 16 year old was diagnosed 10 years ago, only a couple of brands of pasta (gross), $8+ a bag. It’s unbelievable how much gf food you can buy now! Almost all pizzerias in my area offer gf pizza and pasta. I’m so glad it has become a fad.