PICTURES NEW TVs and SHOWER ONLY Bathroom

BostonBrahmin

My room was one of the rooms that converts to a double-suite.

These are special Rooms. They have King size only beds and no tubs. The reason for the King size only bed is that it is a Murphy bed that folds up into the wall.

NOTE ON DVDs. When you go into the library the DVD cases are there. You have to go to reception with the DVD case and they will sign you out the actually DVD that goes in it. Stupid me took one back to my room (without going to reception). Opened it up to watch it one night and it was empty.

DD

NOTE ON DVDs. When you go into the library the DVD cases are there. You have to go to reception with the DVD case and they will sign you out the actually DVD that goes in it. Stupid me took one back to my room (without going to reception). Opened it up to watch it one night and it was empty.

DD

Really? That's a switch from the VHS tapes....

How was the selection of DVDs? I can imagine more current than what they had on tape?

Thanks for the pictures, wow...I am so impressed with these staterooms (and especially the bathroom!)...they are really beautiful.

I have March of the Penguins at home...just got it from Blockbuster. I saw it in the theater, but wanted to see it again..I'll make sure and skip over the parts that are too hard to watch!

Jane :)

I didn't even know the Bose system had a clock on it! :rolleyes:

it seems that they have the brightness turned down on the clocks.

They said they loose some amount of power a day.

I wonder if it doesn't have to do with the 50 Hertz power on the ship.

My IPOD doesn't charge well on the ship but it is fine at home.

DD

If you wish the cord is very long and you can bring to your bedside table. Just watch out for the cord. As for the clock, It's the Amps on board, voltage is fine but amps are low so it can't keep the proper time. I requested an alarm clock but as they say they will take it under advisement!!!! They did put in makeup mirrors. Wife is very happy with that new this year.

Actually, the power being at 50hz will cause the clock to run slow. The incoming power frequency is usually used as the timing reference for the clock. If the clock is expecting to see 60hz power and is being supplied 50 HZ power, I would suspect that it is probably losing between 6 and 9 minutes an hour.

Hi, this is our first cruise. I am wondering if the radio is beside the bed? It doesn't seem to be in the pix we have seen. Is the radio so far from the bed that I will not be able to plug headphones or a pillow speaker into it? I like to listen to the radio all night long, but not so that I bother my sweet husband.

I try really hard not to live by the clock on board - there's enough of that at home - so like other posters I really didn't even know that the Bose had an alarm! Now you all know why I'm the last one on the bus on shore days!! Sue.:p

A 60hz clock on a 50hz supply will lose 4 hours a day, the Bose clocks are presumably European/Asian models. In the 1920’s a Mr Warren devised a method to keep electric system time accurate so he could sell your grandfather his Telechron clocks. Utility networks still use this method, giving us the accuracy we now take for granted. Ships however do not keep good electric time as the governors on diesel generators do not have near the accuracy needed. 1/2% error is precision engine control but is still 7 minutes a day. Big ships probably have a master system for their public clocks. What I find curious nowadays is that none of the manufacturers have jumped in with a gadget to collect accurate time from the newer ship GPS systems, compare it with the electric time onboard and just give the governors a little nudge when they get a tad fast or slow. ....oops, did I just give away a multi million dollar patent idea there? Darn how many Seabourn days would that have bought me? Mutter mutter, back to the drawing board.

Bill

>"I am wondering if the radio is beside the bed? It doesn't seem to be in the pix we have seen. "

The radio is on the first shelf by the phone, in the second picture. I never investigated to find out if there is a plug by the beds.

I think the mystery has been solved. I could never figure out why, on my last cruise (MS Amsterdam, Holland America), the little clock I brought along (the plug in kind) kept losing all kinds of hours, while the stateroom clock on the wall was always correct. Thank you for solving this head scratcher for me!

Jane :p

Archived