Swimming with Turtles - Short Stop?

Cruiseoholic000

I would like to go swimming with Turtles but possibly not with the cruise ship 12/2020.  The ship I will be on will be in port 10 to 6 (5:35 sunset) and is the last ship to come into port that day.  There will be three ships total one being a mega ship and so around 10,000 people will be in port that day ;-O  

What I have found 

$85 4 hours Cliff Sharker
X110 6 hours lunch Calypsoca https://calypsocatamaran.com/
X130    
X133 5 hours Sail Calabaza

The ones with the x won't work because they start before I arrive   Cliff Sharker looks good but you have to provide your own transportation to his ship.  With that many people in port this could be tricky especially getting back to cruise pier.  

Any other ideas? Is a ship excursion the only option?

Edited by Cruiseoholic000

Taxi to the Boatyard beach club. Included with your admission is a boat ride out to swim with the turtles and snorkel over a ship wreck, plus a free drink, lounge chairs for the day and a shared cab ride back to the port. Check out their website for details. 😎

On 12/18/2019 at 2:33 PM, Cruiseoholic000 said:

I would like to go swimming with Turtles but possibly not with the cruise ship 12/2020.  The ship I will be on will be in port 10 to 6 (5:35 sunset) and is the last ship to come into port that day.  There will be three ships total one being a mega ship and so around 10,000 people will be in port that day ;-O  

What I have found 

$85 4 hours Cliff Sharker
X110 6 hours lunch Calypsoca https://calypsocatamaran.com/
X130    
X133 5 hours Sail Calabaza

The ones with the x won't work because they start before I arrive   Cliff Sharker looks good but you have to provide your own transportation to his ship.  With that many people in port this could be tricky especially getting back to cruise pier.  

Any other ideas? Is a ship excursion the only option?

Try barbados blue. Located at Hilton. 

Check out Calypso cruises. You can find them on the Face place. We've been with him 3 times now and always have a wonderful experience. Ask him his departure time and it's possible that it is later than you dock (I can't remember, but I know we had time to do a little shopping before we met up with him). You walk out the terminal gate to a circle and a taxi will pick you up and take you to the catamaran. 

Plenty of food, top shelf liquor for mixed drinks (I'm not a drinker, so I get the punch without alcohol or water), name brand beers, you're treated like family, and I think the max he takes is 12-16---I can't remember. It's a WONDERFUL day trip. Everything is provided except a camera and towels. There is a bathroom on board and a shower hose on the back deck to rinse off with. 

After you get back, the taxi takes you back to the pier and this time you are able to be dropped off right in the parking lot instead of that few hundred yard walk.