Barcelona Hotels

chijefrench

Hello,

We are leaving out of Barcelona in August 2020 and want to arrive a few days early to explore the city. I have no idea what Hotel to book. We don't want to go too cheap but not too expensive. My Agent suggested Gotico however it doesn't get very good reviews. Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

We stayed at the Hotel Lleo for 2 nites prior to our Sept cruise.   Would definitely stay here again! 

Wonderful location, only 2 blocks from Las Ramblas, and the Pl Catalunya metro stop.  Close to shops, bakeries, restaurants, bars. 

We took the Aerobus from the airport for 5.9 E and walked 2 blocks to the hotel. A cab would be around 30E.

We booked 10 months in advance and got a great rate; 125E per night, with a great buffet b'fast.  We stayed in the standard room, not premium.  It was a little dated and plain, but very clean and well maintained. If I had known how much we were going to LOVE Barcelona, I would have booked a premium room with a balcony and view.  (And added another 2 days ! )

This question has been asked and answered many times.  Just glance over the first few pages of this forum to find currrent responses.  Really depends on what amenities you need and your BUDGET. 

I have stayed at a hotel 2 minutes walk to Las Ramblas called Chic and Basic, I have stayed here twice before taking cruises. The metro station Drassanes at the bottom of Las Ramblas is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. You can get to the Airport from here with one change at station Zona Universitària. It takes about 30 minutes to / from the airport to Drassanes station. It only costs about €4.50. From the hotel you can walk to the cruise port in about 20 minutes if you have wheels on your suitcases. Barcelona is a beautiful city but it is plagued by pickpockets, muggers, scam artists and the like. Most big cities also have the same problem but it is far more prevalent in Barcelona, so be careful with your valuables whilst walking the streets here.

I have stayed multiple times in Barcelona pre cruise.  I choose my hotel depending on what we are going to do (e.g.near to Sagrada familia or near to the train station).  I think the best value for money was Hotel Suizo behind the Cathedral.  Walking distance to everything.  

Best advice is to decide what you want to do and then do a search on any hotel booking site.  You can work out available prices and then look at reviews.