Wine on Bus?

stevendom57

My wife and I will be on a Italian / Greek cruise next year. During our port call in Livorno we will be taking a bus to Florence. Is is permissible to buy a bottle of wine and some cheese in Florence and eat / drink it on the way back to the ship?

TIA

Steven

That would be up to the bus owner/operator.  I doubt that they'd welcome it but they may not prohibit it.

For what it's worth, in nearly two decades of doing trips to Italy and using private bus companies I have yet to find one that doesn't strenuously discourage using the bathroom on the bus.  Many claim it's broken, when it really is not.  They'd rather make several bathroom stops than clean out the one on the bus.

Food & drink have the potential to create mess on a coach.

Mess from food is more of a problem than the risk of a spilt drink, and ice-cream is the big no-no.

My own experience is that it's more a question of the driver's policy than company's - it's usually the driver who cleans the coach at the end of the day - some drivers are less customer-friendly than others, and some passengers like children or sports fans are more likely to create mess than others, so any policy is case-by-case.

And yes, bathrooms are often "out-of-order" :classic_rolleyes:  on shortish trips for the same reason or sometimes the limited availability  of dump stations.

So I'm not sure that Steven will get a reliable answer.

JB :classic_smile: