Apologies for another attire post...Sandals

AlaskaNewbie68

Hello, just got our Blue Book and I'm trying not to panic (ok, panic is a strong word)...I read where it says sandals are not permitted in GDR or specialties, but this seems s bit crazy to me in the Caribbean. I understand that flip flops shouldn't be worn, of course, or ratty sandals, but my plan was to wear summery dresses to dinner with NICE sandals with a heel.  Just wondering if this is something that is the "norm" or I need to rethink my packing list.  Thank you for your insights!

EDIT: Just found other posts with the same question...seems dressy sandals are acceptable. Happy New Year to all!

Edited by AlaskaNewbie68

6 hours ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

Yep, thanks. I did find specifics on sandals. 

Hi Alaska,

I wear nice sundresses with dressy, even flat sandals, and never looked at askance. They look great and appropriate. Just to reinforce- they're fine.

10 hours ago, Tansy Mews said:

About sandals - I doubt if people would have a problem - except for flip flops. 

If one walks and the constant “ smack, smack, smack” from the shoes can be heard, then you’re wearing flip flops , regardless of the number of faux rhinestones glued on. Likewise, they don’t have to be made of plastic to be flip flops.

Edited by pinotlover