Which cruise with children 7 night France /Spain or 8 night Norweigen Fjords sailing from UK

Tikka234

Hi looking at a cruise on Anthem of the seas with daughter and family kids will be 9 and 12.

They done a 3 night faster cruise on Independence of the seas this year and loved it.

Not a lot of choice sailing from Southampton.

They can't afford a longer cruise.

So it's France and Spain, with Ports, la Coruna, Vigo, Bilbao la Harve

Or 

Norwegian Fjords, with Ports Kristiansand, Alesund, Bergan, Stavanger, I have been to Scavenger (not a lot to do) and Bergen which I loved 

Will they see much fjords on this cruise, seems to miss 

Let's like Flam and Olden which I have visited before.

Which cruise would you think for a younger family

Thanks 

22 minutes ago, Tikka234 said:

Hi looking at a cruise on Anthem of the seas with daughter and family kids will be 9 and 12.

They done a 3 night faster cruise on Independence of the seas this year and loved it.

Not a lot of choice sailing from Southampton.

They can't afford a longer cruise.

So it's France and Spain, with Ports, la Coruna, Vigo, Bilbao la Harve

Or 

Norwegian Fjords, with Ports Kristiansand, Alesund, Bergan, Stavanger, I have been to Scavenger (not a lot to do) and Bergen which I loved 

Will they see much fjords on this cruise, seems to miss 

Let's like Flam and Olden which I have visited before.

Which cruise would you think for a younger family

Thanks 

If it was me, I would go to Norway.

The Spanish ports are only Spanish city's and Le Havre doesn't have anything without travelling.

Although, they have individual things to see, not sure how your kids would like architecture and shopping.

Norway, everything is walkable from the ship.

As you know, they would like the train in Flam and the mountain train in Bergen. The tourist train in Alesund and walk down the steps are a few things to do.

23 minutes ago, RSLeesburg said:

We just booked Anthem for the 9 night Ultimate Norwegian Cruise in 2021 and planning to bring our son who will be 11.  If you decide to go to Norway this summer, please let me know how your kids like it!   

It won't be this summer have just checked our term time dates and doesn't look like we can do 9 night Norwegian cruise as our schools won't have broken up. 

3 minutes ago, Tikka234 said:

It won't be this summer have just checked our term time dates and doesn't look like we can do 9 night Norwegian cruise as our schools won't have broken up. 

Ah.  I think we sail June 11, 2021.  Our son’s school starts in August and gets out at end of May.  We liked that this cruise starts and ends in UK, so we can add a couple of nights in London before and after cruise.  It will be our son’s first trip to Europe - he is super excited already.  

Something else to think about, assuming you are talking about the main summer holidays, the weather is likely to be warmer in Spain than Norway. If they like the pools, flowrider etc I would probably go for that itinerary.