Bonded luggage

I've just booked a Caribbean cruise flying into Jamaica and read that there's a bonded luggage service where you drop your bags at the departure airport and don't see them again until they arrive in your cabin. This is a new one on me; have others experienced it? Leaving the airport and going through customs without my luggage will feel a bit weird!

24 minutes ago, vwgolf said:

I've just booked a Caribbean cruise flying into Jamaica and read that there's a bonded luggage service where you drop your bags at the departure airport and don't see them again until they arrive in your cabin. This is a new one on me; have others experienced it? Leaving the airport and going through customs without my luggage will feel a bit weird!

Yes its normal at a few of the Tui destinations in fact at Grantley Adams (Barbados) you are off the plane into the coach no customs, it is a great way to start your cruise. 

• Like 1

They should tag your bag with your cabin number at the check in at the UK airport.

On arrival in Jamaica on the way out you go into the terminal building but cruise passengers are then diverted before baggage claim and have passports checked in a corridor before going out a door to the coaches.

And on the return the bag is taken from outside your cabin during the night before you leave and taken straight to the plane, no need to check it in at the airport.

For TUI / Marella this seems to apply at Caribean destinations and Dubrovnic.

• Like 1