Does MSC adjust when price drops? (before final payment date)

jules815

I've had this happen quite often with Royal Caribbean.  I haven't been really paying attention to the price of our YC cruise in April, but just checked and price is $84pp less.

I've begun the long process of being on hold with them.  

I just got off the phone and adjusted the price for my booking. We saved $400. It was a 2 hour ordeal and my call was dropped once. Nobody called back. I had to start all over again. This is the third time we have called and made an adjustment for  a price drop with MSC. Our first 2 did not involve a cancellation. This one included a cancellation because we also changed promotions.

BTW... they quoted me a price increase!!  I had to explain step by step what I was seeing on my end. They finally figured it out.

• Like 1

If you are before final payment it can be done, if there was a change in promotions it will require a cancellation and re-booking.  I've read a few reports MSC is making the pre final payment cancel/re-book process more difficult by threatening loss of cabin, promotions, OBC, discounts etc.... 

If you are after final payment you are out of luck, I've never seen MSC do anything in that case.  Even if you're willing to pay more by upgrading to a higher cabin you will be held to the pricing in effect when you booked so you can't take advantage of any price drops.

I just checked my source that shows real time room availability, and surprisingly there are now 14 rooms available in YC for our sailing.  Maybe a travel agency surrendered rooms?  Final payment is later this month.  I'll start checking again in a few days for price drops. Once everyone's back to work after the holidays, maybe the phone lines won't be as bad.

(When I tried calling the other day, there was only one room available, and I wouldn't have risked taking the short time to cancel and rebook.  Would be just my luck to lose it.)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

MSC have followed other cruise lines and now are mastering concealing actual cabin availability, particularly in Yacht Club.  In my recent experiences YC prices will not drop after final payment no matter how many unsold cabins they have.  After final payment they now usually jump in price regardless of how many are still available, in my opinion in preparation to cloud bidder's reasoning in the upgrade bidding process.  Trying to take advantage of price drops pre final payment seems to be made more difficult lately so I'd be interested to hear how you fare.

14 hours ago, Até said:

MSC have followed other cruise lines and now are mastering concealing actual cabin availability, particularly in Yacht Club.  In my recent experiences YC prices will not drop after final payment no matter how many unsold cabins they have.  After final payment they now usually jump in price regardless of how many are still available, in my opinion in preparation to cloud bidder's reasoning in the upgrade bidding process.  Trying to take advantage of price drops pre final payment seems to be made more difficult lately so I'd be interested to hear how you fare.

Well, on hold again.  Going to give it another try.  I have a work call in 45 minutes, so hopefully I'll get thru before then.  

Edited by jules815