Rotterdam information please

igar39

Anyone stay in category I inside cabin and can tell me about their stay in it.  Is the ship in ok condition.  Cruised on Rotterdam in 2018 in a Lanai cabin and the Lower Promenade deck was often closed off in sections and the noise from welding and work on lifeboats was deafening.  Haven't been in an inside cabin since way back.  We are  five star now with 31 HAL cruises.  Love the smaller ships.

3 hours ago, igar39 said:

Anyone stay in category I inside cabin and can tell me about their stay in it.

There are three areas of I-category cabins, I have been in one area, on Lower Promenade from the atrium to mid-ship, many years ago. But the cabin configuration is still the same. And I have been in an I-cabin on the identical ship Amsterdam, up on Verandah Deck last spring. 
The third area is aft on Lower Promenade. 

All three areas have cabins in an identical configuration and size. That is, they are the same as outside cabins, if you ever got a peek inside one of those. The insides are larger than the outsides/on Lower Promenade, but slightly smaller than the outsides on the lower decks. 
There is a loveseat, an end table w/lamp, the desk with three drawers, and the bed with two nightstands. Two drawers per nightstand. 
The bathroom has a long vanity w/shelf in the place where a tub would be in an outside cabin. Loads of storage. There is a shower with ample room.  

They are very comfortable cabins. 

3 hours ago, igar39 said:

Anyone stay in category I inside cabin and can tell me about their stay in it.  Is the ship in ok condition.  Cruised on Rotterdam in 2018 in a Lanai cabin and the Lower Promenade deck was often closed off in sections and the noise from welding and work on lifeboats was deafening.  Haven't been in an inside cabin since way back.  We are  five star now with 31 HAL cruises.  Love the smaller ships.

We were on the Rotterdam for 14 days in March 2019 and thought she was lovely. My only complaint is the absence of an aft pool. Other than that, we enjoyed our two weeks immensely. You might find our youtube video of our time on the Rotterdam interesting and of some value. Lots of photos of the ship...

Edited by existentialtraveler

Thanks Ruth C for the detailed information.You are a wealth of info.  We just booked an  I cabin on the lower promenade.   On two Rotterdam cruises   in 2018 we had Lanai cabins.    Too much noise with grinding and work being done on life boards.  Also  sections of deck were closed often for work.  We like the smaller ships and Holland American.

8 hours ago, igar39 said:

Thanks Ruth C for the detailed information.You are a wealth of info.  We just booked an  I cabin on the lower promenade.   On two Rotterdam cruises   in 2018 we had Lanai cabins.    Too much noise with grinding and work being done on life boards.  Also  sections of deck were closed often for work.  We like the smaller ships and Holland American.

We were on that same cruise in November 2018 in a Lanai cabin where they were welding and grinding on the lifeboat davits, both sides of the ship.  The noise was unbearable.   We spoke with the workers and this work was something that needs to be done occasionally.   Once it is done, that's it for many years.   We are on the Rotterdam this coming October for 29 days and have no concerns about this happening again.

I'm currently on the Rotterdam (17 day Panama Canal) in a lanai. The lower promenade deck was only partially closed for one day, and only for a few hours. There has been the usual painting and varnishing going on, and one bit of work on something up near the lifeboats that involved a bit of banging but no grinding. It's mostly been quite peaceful - hope your voyage will be the same.