MSC Customer Service Complaint

BuckeyeTraveler

Very sad story, but unfortunately this is not uncommon, I know some cases with the passport // residence permit trap. And the cruise lines REFUSE to tell you if you need a visa or not. Another problem is that for some countries you don´t need a visa if you enter via airplane, but they consider als port entry as a overland entry. 

If you want to be on the safe side you need to follow all entry rules concerning your PASSPORT and not the rights your ID, residence permit whatever gives you. I know this is extremely annoying as these visa are usually a pain to get and so expensive.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, kerryincork said:

embassy/consulates, who are the ultimate arbitrarer of who needs a visa.

*** off topic *** not related to Brazil ***

That is not the case when entering the USA.

The officer of Department of Homeland Security U.S. CBP (Customs and Border Protection) has the right to deny entry to the United States based on section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Even if a airline or cruise company let somebody travel, the CBP officer has the ‘ultimate’ authority for a decision. The supervisor of the officer has to document the decision but the traveler needs to return. A visa is no 100% guarantee for entry to the United States. The traveler can apply for a review of the decision and/or apply for another visa.

• 2 years later...
5 minutes ago, 2dot2dot said:

Have you found anything that works to get help from customer service? Our cruise is next weekend so I need to resolve this.

So this 2 year old thread is brought back from the dead. Lol.

On a serious note, there is no customer service.

They don't care about you or your cruise. They will tell you if you don't like it cancel.

They are a shipping company and treat people like cargo.

I am still dealing with an issue from September. I have taken things further than most would even think about.

I actually have a glimmer of hope now that a few things have transpired we might resolve things.