Balcony on Enchantment OR Premium Vista Balcony/Grand Ocean Suite on Carnival Dream?

DPara

Hello --

We are doing a 5-day cruise out of Galveston in September.  Our choices are a regular balcony on Royal's Enchantment of the Seas or either a Premium Vista (aft) Balcony or an Ocean Suite on Carnival's Dream.  We've sailed both lines before (Liberty of the Seas on Royal and several Conquest class ships on Carnival).  Which would you select and why?  Thanks!

Edited by DPara
typo

I am on Enchantment now. 

It reportedly is having propulsion issues and left Galveston an hour early for the extra hour of travel time, and previously announced diverting from Costa Maya to Merida on several runs.

It's also a much smaller ship (only has two balcony decks) and you can feel the rocking more than on a larger ship. 

Also, it only has one specialty dining restaurant, if that's something that appeals to you. 

Steve 

17 minutes ago, JupiterTwo said:

I am on Enchantment now. 

It reportedly is having propulsion issues and left Galveston an hour early for the extra hour of travel time, and previously announced diverting from Costa Maya to Merida on several runs.

It's also a much smaller ship (only has two balcony decks) and you can feel the rocking more than on a larger ship. 

Also, it only has one specialty dining restaurant, if that's something that appeals to you. 

Steve 

it was reportedly having propulsion issues late summer but I haven’t heard anymore about problems recently. Did you have an email in advance to say you were leaving early? Is this a 4 or 5 day sailing?

It is a 4-night sailing that left on January 6. We got an email on January 3 informing us of the early departure.

I'm back-to-back, so I will also be on the January 10 sailing. 

Steve 

Edited by JupiterTwo

I normally sail Royal, and as a general rule prefer it. I am on the Enchantment this Summer, although that obviously doesn't help answer your question. What I can do is provide video of a Carnival Dream Ocean suite to help you decide for yourself if that is the right room. I liked the room itself very much. The suite perks were lacking on Carnival, though, and I found the ship exceptionally hard to navigate if I wanted to get from one end to the other of the same deck.

Thanks everyone for the helpful comments.  And while I do prefer Royal, I feel that with all the issues that are coming up in regards to Enchantment, we may be better off in a suite on Carnvial.