Newbie questions

coinkc

Hello!  I just booked my first cruise on Princess!  I've been exploring the website and saw that the adults only area, "The Sanctuary", is an additional fee.  I haven't been able to find any other information about it - can someone please tell me how much it is and for how long it's good for?  Is it something you pay for the whole cruise or a daily thing?  Can it be purchased in advance or do you have to wait until you are on the ship?

I've been on Carnival where the adults area is free so this is new to me and I'm just trying to get as much information as I can in advance.  Thanks so much for your help!

$20 per half day, $40/full day or $30/full day if you book all days of the cruise, port and sea. If you are on a tropical weather cruise like the Caribbean the sanctuary fills up. Go on boarding day as soon as you board to select and reserve your lounge chair. That chair will be available for you. You can't reserve in advance as you have to actually select your lounge. There are plenty of videos and photos on line.

Regarding adults only areas there are adult no charge pool locations on most Princess ships. These areas will not have reserved lounges and the lounge chairs will be the standard kind, not the super cushioned type in the sanctuary. If you are on a Royal Class ship the adult pool is the Retreat Pool. If you are on a Grand Class ship the adult pools are the Terrace Pool and the Pool by the Lotus Spa area (no charge). If you are on one of the smaller ships, I don't think they have adult pool areas. If you sail when school is in session just about the entire ship is free of youth.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, coinkc said:

Hello!  I just booked my first cruise on Princess!  I've been exploring the website and saw that the adults only area, "The Sanctuary", is an additional fee.  I haven't been able to find any other information about it - can someone please tell me how much it is and for how long it's good for?  Is it something you pay for the whole cruise or a daily thing?  Can it be purchased in advance or do you have to wait until you are on the ship?

I've been on Carnival where the adults area is free so this is new to me and I'm just trying to get as much information as I can in advance.  Thanks so much for your help!

The Sanctuary is a great place to relax and unwind as well as well as excellent service.

Thanks goodness it is not like Carnival.