best beaches on southern caibbean cruise

woo hoo ,we have just booked a cruise for jan next year.serenade of the seas,southern caribbean.we did this one last year and enjoyed it so much,we coulnt find a nicer cruise itinerary.

we did quite a few tours last time,so we thought ,this time that we would just hit the best beaches and enjoy!!!

we have already decided to go to anguilla whilst in st maarten,we did dolphin discovery last time in anguilla,and the beach was to die for!!,well worth the rough ferry ride.

also did jolly beach in antigua , beautiful!!!!

has anybody got any ideas for the rest of the islands? not too crowded,lovely white sand,safe for kids,we love the picture postcard stuff.

any help would be great,shame it so far off.....

While we were in St Thomas last year, we took the advice of friends who cruise often and went to Megans Bay. It was just beautiful. The best advice they gave us was to go first thing in the morning before the crowds came and then return to the port by 1-2 pm and shop at the annex...apparently the cruise ship suggests the other way around so you will def spend money and not get caught up in the beautiful beach all day. This was perfect and there were no crowds in either place!;)

thanks for that info,we had already bookmarked that as a possible,so magens bay it is then.

can you remember if they had any waverunners?,my kids just love them,and it keeps my dh busy for a while too!!!

No they do not. If you have kids or kids at heart...Boatyard in Barbados they have:

Rope swing,

Clear water

Soft sand no rocks

Water trampolines

Rock climbing in water

Kayaks

Banana boats

wave runners

bar

food

and I am sure I missed a few things

If you go, make sure you get lunch at llobster alive. It was the best!! first pic of the beach...2nd pic beach from lobster alive!!

amm.jpg.5f198857f41e622771e998e8c6b6e16a.jpg

am1.jpg.599ee898f046a20ee1ae07fd2169d98b.jpg

MoM,

It is about a 7-10 minute cab ride. I think around 4-7$ pp

The beach is free but if you want to use the water trampolines and rope swing there is a charge of 12pp. You get a chair, 1 free drink and all the water activities except powered activities.

We were at Cane Garden Bay in Tortola BVI, the day we were there it was not crowded at all. Amazing and breathtaking views and scenery just traveling by "open air" cab/van to get to Cane Garden Bay then the Bay itself was in a "picture post card" tropical setting, warm clear/calm water, beautiful surroundings and beach. We loved Tortola and the entire island so much we hope to go to Tortola BVI for a week sometime.

We went to Coki beach while in St Thomas...this was at the recommendation of our tour guide (Godfrey's Tours - not my husband ;) ), because we had originially stated that we wanted to go to Magen's beach. He told us, that if we wanted to snorkle, Coki beach was the place...Boy was he right. The water was crystal clear, and they also sold dog biscuits (large ones), so you could feed the fish...so bring a supply of your own, you will see some awesome fish sites while there. There is also a place called Coral World there.

We also did the Castaways Beach Break while in Antigua. This too was a fine beach, however, the locals were really out in force trying to sell things on the beach. It got a little annoying...but the best way to handle it...stay in the water:D . Also, the water was too cloudy for snorkling. I guess we got spoiled with Coki Beach.:rolleyes:

In Barbados, we did the Malibu Beach Beach. Awesome beach. They had tons of water toys available there....wave runners, para-sailing....swimming with the turtles....The water was much to cloudy at the shore for snorkling, but it must have cleared out further out, because that is where they did the turtle swims.

Have a great time...we too enjoyed this route.

Antigua - Dickenson Bay...absolutely beautiful.

St. Lucia - Reduit Beach

St. Maarten - Divi little bay beach/dutch side

St. Thomas - Have only been to Sapphire; which we were not all that crazy about.

Didn't go to a beach in Barbados but heard Accra? is great.

Archived