Is the Sun Princess Really So Bad?

jimdee3636

46 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Cruise ship Deck plans is at this link :    https://www.google.com/search?q=cruise+ship+decl+plans&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS817US817&oq=cruise+ship+decl+plans+&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.11215j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Now you can see what we see on the deck plan & B310 mini suite

Have you checked the deck plan again?

I believe we met on the Grand Princess South American cruise in 2013. Kind regards. 🙂

CruiseDeckPlans says that the Baja minisuites have an area of 275 sq.ft. and their balcony is 78 sq.ft. but that "size may vary", although they all look pretty uniform in the deck plan.

ETA, I have booked a MS on the Sun for 2021 -- I will take a tape measure and get back to you all! But not for 18 months!

Edited by crystalspin

37 minutes ago, jeep1 said:

Was in this room 15 or so years ago. Wish it was 72 but it runs the between bedroom and living maybe 24? It’s great have fun!

The mini suites aren't 24 feet wide.🙂 My estimate puts them at around 17 feet. If someone came with a measurement of 17ft 6ins, or even 18 feet, I would go along with that. 

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The mini suites aren't 24 feet wide.🙂 My estimate puts them at around 17 feet. If someone came with a measurement of 17ft 6ins, or even 18 feet, I would go along with that. 

when they say 78  sq. ft to the balcony ,it does make sense  ;because  it is length x  the depth to get the total sq. ft 

53 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

when they say 78  sq. ft to the balcony ,it does make sense  ;because  it is length x  the depth to get the total sq. ft 

That's right. Your balcony is 72 or 78 square feet, not 72 or 78 linear feet as you thought. That would've made a very big ship. 🙂