What was your worst or best shore excursion?

mousy56

Our best there are 2 we have on top: One was Taku Lodge in Alaska...it gave us a seaplane ride out to the lodge...natrually scenery was awesome. Had a great lunch and saw 2 black bears near lodge...was a great excursion.

Caribbean fav was Jolly Roger party boat in Barbados...got to do some great snorkeling, had a full lunch (chicken, pasta sald, etc..) and many, many rum punches and swimming and dancing. We've done this everytime we're there.

Our worst was Martha Brea River Raft in Jamaica...was an hour non air conditioned bus ride each way, to some muddy river. Nothing exciting or pretty. THUMBS DOWN to this one! :(

Best - Royal swim with dolphins in Cozumel -booked privately

Kayak to the glaciers in Skagway - booked privately

B.O.B in St Thomas - RCCL excursion

snorkling with Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel - booked privately

swim with stingrays through Captain Marvins - booked privately

worst - none yet!

Best: Jungle Jeep safari tour in Cozumel, booked through the ship.

Worst: Shark/Ray Allley Stingray snorkeling, San Pedro Caye, Belize. Loved the boat ride, and San Pedro, Belize, but the rays scared the snot right out of me so I spent 1.5 hours sitting on the boat watching snorkeling butts swim around. ( everyone else loved it )

We've never really had a bad excursion while on a cruise. Land tour to Martha's Vineyard was boring as can be.

Best - Jan 04, played golf at St Lucia Golf & Country Club, got my 1st "hole-in-one" on par 3 16th hole. What a bar tab, that was!!!

Worst - Had a few that could've been better, but never felt like I didn't get my money's worth.

Best: sea kayaking in Ketchikan, whale watching in Dominica (amazing!), sailing on the Winifred in St Thomas.

Worst: Bus tour of Acadia NP -- I'm sure the scenery was great, but the fog was so thick we couldn't see a thing. Interestingly, my kids thought this was a great trip for the same reason!

Best (so far!)

Stingray City on Captain Bryan's Buccaneer http://community.webshots.com/album/530801710NJTzFf

America's Cup Regatta (I got to be at the helm sailing the Stars and Stripes back into the harbor!) http://community.webshots.com/album/528943965HpvFnj

David and Ivan's Mayan Ruins excursion in Costa Maya http://community.webshots.com/album/527685047YCNWgf

Snorkeling on the Zorro (she didn't make it through the hurricane :( ) in Cozumel http://community.webshots.com/album/536739246hJVpHx

They were strong drinks! I think my 23 year old had 6..she wasn't feeling any pain when we got back to the ship. :-) Did you make Grouper? And was the Chef Peppe?

We made grouper with mango sauce, rice pudding, and sopes. Our Chef's name was Javier I believe (I may be wrong). Best excursion I've been on so far, well worth the money spent.

Looking forward to the Panama Canal by ferry, Silver Moon in Barbados, and Cosol in St. Lucia in the next month. Have a feeling these will be among my best excursions.

Worst: Horseback riding in Cozumel. It was supposed to be about a 2 hour tour and ended up being about 4 hours. It would have not been so bad had we been experienced riders, but this was the first time I had been on a horse in more the 20 years. It was so hot, which is to be expected in June in Cozumel, but the riding was all through the forest back trails. There was litter from people who just threw their bags of trash out in the forest. Broken bottles, the stench was horrible. The guide said that the locals did not have trash service so they would just throw it out there. The scenery left much to be desired. Overall just a bad expereince. But the employees were very nice and as helpful as possible. I guess you live & learn.

Best: Everything else except horseback riding in Cozumel.

Not sure if you remember me..I'm from Nebraska and we were on the same sailing..I believe..June 2005 Carnival Elation. I was suppose to go to the meet and mingle but had trouble with our safe in our room so we never got to meet.

Sorry to hear about your worst! We had really good excursions for that trip.

Best tour - Train trip through the Panama Canal in a dome car. Loved every minute of it.

Worst tour - Independent tour Cave tubing in Belize. Old equipment - the guide left us and our lamps were so dim we couldn't see anything. Extremely dark, dark cave. Finally found my husband who had been caught up the river. It was frightening in water, inside a cave and no way of knowing where we were going. Never again. I want to go cave tubing, but next time with a ship sponsered tour.

I was so upset I called the company and they offered to refund my money if I didn't use their name. I didn't take them up on it since I did use their services, but still after all this time my stomach turns sick just thinking about how frightened I was.

Best:

Cozumel San Gervasio Ruins/Play Del Sol beach (Celebrity)

Helmet Diving Bermuda

Worst:

Glass Bottom Boat Bermuda

Peggy's Cove (Carnival)

Best Tour on a land vacation:

Oahu Circle Island Tour

Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride (lands IN canyon with champagne lunch)

Best: Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour in Grand Cayman through Nativeway. My kids still talk about it.

We also enjoyed the David and Ivan ruins tour, but realize it is very hot and humid.

In St. Maarten a few years ago we took a cab to Orient Beach and just had a fun beach day (and my kids still talk about that day too, lol)

Worst: Not having a tour in Belize City. We did experience a fun sideways rainstorm on the tender over though ;) (my kids still talk about that too, got to love traveling with kids)

Best- Sting Ray City on carnival......We were the first ones there and it was wonderful.

Best- Mountian Biking in St Lucia. (we ride alot and it was fun) Snorkel at the end of the ride and a nice boat ride back to the ship

Best- Went to X-ha (sp) in Mexico while we were at an AI but you can still do it on the ship as an excusion. Loved the snorkel and trails.

Worse-Butterfly/St. Maartin tour. What a waste of time. We spent more time on the bus then we did at any of the stops. Bus ride from Hell. Would never waste my time on a bus tour again.

#1 best was definitely in Alaska and it was the helicopter tour to the glacier. It was absolutely the best money spent on any excursion we have been on and a once in a lifetime experience. We hope to go back in 2007 and do the helicopter/dog sledding.

#2 best would be the Vatican and colloseum tour in Rome. All that history is unbelievable. I was in awe!

The worst would have to be the catamaran snorkle in Key West because it was so rough that everyone on the boat was turning green and while we were snorkeling the waves would go over our heads. Everyone was so sick that on the way back to shore no one was drinking the beer/drinks the crew was giving out.:eek:

Archived