Has anyone used Provenceprivatetour.com?

the mice

I've tried searching but nothing comes up.   They seem to have a very comprehensive offering of tours for Provence and French Riviera ports.   Pricing seems very good for van tours, and the cancellation penalty is not onerous, as is the case with some other companies.     

If not, I welcome suggestions for Marseille - looking to go to Arles, Carrierre des Lumieres, Les Baux de Provence, and, if possible, Saint-Remy, not Avignon.   Also for Cannes - this company's Maeght Foundation tour hits the exact itinerary I would like to do, and I can't find another similar offering.  (Maeght Foundation, Saint Paul de Vence, Vence and the Matisse Chapel).

I've written to a couple of other companies regarding the Marseille itinerary.   And I will write to a guide we used previously for the Cannes tour.   But any other suggestions are most welcome.

TIA.  - Marilyn

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2020 at 11:26 PM, the mice said:

I've tried searching but nothing comes up.   They seem to have a very comprehensive offering of tours for Provence and French Riviera ports.   Pricing seems very good for van tours, and the cancellation penalty is not onerous, as is the case with some other companies.     

If not, I welcome suggestions for Marseille - looking to go to Arles, Carrierre des Lumieres, Les Baux de Provence, and, if possible, Saint-Remy, not Avignon.   Also for Cannes - this company's Maeght Foundation tour hits the exact itinerary I would like to do, and I can't find another similar offering.  (Maeght Foundation, Saint Paul de Vence, Vence and the Matisse Chapel).

I've written to a couple of other companies regarding the Marseille itinerary.   And I will write to a guide we used previously for the Cannes tour.   But any other suggestions are most welcome.

TIA.  - Marilyn

We used them for a private tour from Toulon to Aix-en-Provence.  They were excellent.  However, we had a special rate.  We were just two and if we had to pay the full rate I don’t know if we would have booked them,

We had Silvie as our tour guide, She was a last minute substitute for Roman (don’t know why) but she was excellent,  We saw everything we wanted to see and more.  

However, if we had to pay the full price for two people it would have been prohibitive.  

We enjoyed our day in Aix and was happy with the tour.

Terri

Terri,  thanks for this info.   We did a tour to from Toulon to Aix en Provence and Cassis on a previous cruise 10 years ago.

In the interim I booked with another company called Bonjour Provence.  The staff here moved over from Provence Connection which is no longer in operation - found the original company on CruiseCritic and in Tom's Port Guides.   I was able to put together a group of 6 and get a decent rate with Bonjour Provence and they have been very responsive to my emails.  So, I'm hoping for a good tour.

But I appreciate your reply, in case I need to book with them in Cannes.   I also have a private tour arranged there, but not sure I can find enough people to share the cost.   

Thanks again.
 -  Marilyn

23 hours ago, the mice said:

Terri,  thanks for this info.   We did a tour to from Toulon to Aix en Provence and Cassis on a previous cruise 10 years ago.

In the interim I booked with another company called Bonjour Provence.  The staff here moved over from Provence Connection which is no longer in operation - found the original company on CruiseCritic and in Tom's Port Guides.   I was able to put together a group of 6 and get a decent rate with Bonjour Provence and they have been very responsive to my emails.  So, I'm hoping for a good tour.

But I appreciate your reply, in case I need to book with them in Cannes.   I also have a private tour arranged there, but not sure I can find enough people to share the cost.   

Thanks again.
 -  Marilyn

Marilyn - What type of price did you get with Bonjour Provence for the Aix-en-Provence tour?

1 hour ago, Travel To Be Free said:

Marilyn - What type of price did you get with Bonjour Provence for the Aix-en-Provence tour?

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. 

I used another company for a tour from Toulon to Aix-en-Provence back in 2009. 

I contacted them again, but the price was too high for the tour I wanted to arrange (Arles-Les Baux de Provence-Carrière des Lumieres-Saint Remy) so I contacted Bonjour Provence (originally contacted Provence Connection which no longer operates, so my email went to Bonjour Provence).

Lots of companies seem to do Aix from Marseille and Toulon.  What I wanted wasn't a standard tour.