Drat! Misplaced curling iron info.

msteries

Somewhere I know there is info about wattage/power allowed for curling irons and other hair tools, but have misplaced the link.  Would someone please point me in the right direction? 

First time on the Koningsdam getting close!  Sailing February 2.  Doing my best to go with an open mind, but am very sure I will miss my late night walks on the Promenade Deck!  

Curling irons and flat irons for hair are allowed.  No travel irons or steamers.  

You can still walk on the promenade deck all the way around the ship. It’s just much narrower and there are benches but no lounge chairs.  

8 minutes ago, msteries said:

Thanks!  I thought I remembered something about wattage limitations.  After years of trying, I finally found a hair tool that works for me.  Would hate to have it wind up in the naughty room...

I take my hair tools, flat iron and my own hair dryer.  I know they provide a hair dryer but I'm attached to mine and how it preforms on my hair.  There is a big difference in hair dryers and hair tools, when you find something that works you don't want to give it up.  😊

There is no wattage limitations, but know that typically 2-3 cabins share the same circuit for the outlets, so if the ladies in all three cabins plug their industrial hair dryers in at the same time, it may overload the circuit.  Typically, both the 110v and 220v outlet circuits are protected by 20 amp breakers, so the 110v circuit is limited to a total of 2200 watts, while the 220v circuit can handle up to 4400 watts.  If your hair care appliances are dual voltage (it says "input voltage 100-240vac), then get an adapter and plug into the 220v outlet for better performance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

There is no wattage limitations, but know that typically 2-3 cabins share the same circuit for the outlets, so if the ladies in all three cabins plug their industrial hair dryers in at the same time, it may overload the circuit.  Typically, both the 110v and 220v outlet circuits are protected by 20 amp breakers, so the 110v circuit is limited to a total of 2200 watts, while the 220v circuit can handle up to 4400 watts.  If your hair care appliances are dual voltage (it says "input voltage 100-240vac), then get an adapter and plug into the 220v outlet for better performance.

Thank you so much chengkp75.  I have heard of shared circuits, but now I know my tool would not be regarded as too powerful.

Edited by msteries
Spelling