Unlimited dining plan embarkation lunch -Oasis of the Seas

Loralie

23 minutes ago, BTHodgeman said:

Chops will probably be open, but they may tell you UDP doesn't cover embarkation day lunch since it's not technically a sea day. 

Most ships have been allowing boarding day lunch at whichever restaurants are open

We were on Oasis in December (Star Class) and were told by our Genie that Chops is no longer open on embarkation day.  Honestly, I did not go there to check for myself....we ate at Giovanni's that day.  I do not know if this is still the case.  I am guessing (and that's all it is) that Chops simply could not accommodate all of the Key holders (who enjoy their Chops lunch in the MDR) and the full service restaurant as well.  I do realize that other ships manage to do both, but apparently Oasis decided that they would close the restaurant for lunch to help alleviate the staffing shortfalls.

We always get the UDP these days and the rule SEEMS to be...if the restaurant is open and they can accommodate you, your UDP will work there.  Sea day/port day no longer seems to be a discriminator.  When we were recently on NAV, Izumi was open a couple of port days and we were able to eat there using the UDP without any problem.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

We always get the UDP these days and the rule SEEMS to be...if the restaurant is open and they can accommodate you, your UDP will work there.  Sea day/port day no longer seems to be a discriminator.  When we were recently on NAV, Izumi was open a couple of port days and we were able to eat there using the UDP without any problem.

On exception we ran into recently was Johnny Rockets on port day. We were charged even though we had UDP. 

1 hour ago, Tulsacoker said:

We will be on Oasis in April and try to see what is open for UDP people and report back 

Thanks I look forward to your report we will be on Oasis in May with UDP and am curious to see what happens on port day.