Stateroom Amenities

Pinboy

50 minutes ago, peterm said:

We will be in a balcony stateroom 1A. Is in this room SHOWER GEL (instead or in addition to the mini-soap) provided?

It's in addition to the mini soap.

There will be 4 small plastic ( hard ) containers in the bathroom - shower gel, body lotion, conditioner, and shampoo, plus 2 bars of soap . 

I know exactly the bottles that the OP is talking about as we had them on our Solstice cruise in December.  We’ve previously had the plastic squeeze bottles so I didn’t bring any of my own. These hard square bottles make it impossible to squeeze the contents out and you can’t leave them upside down to help move the contents to the top as the rack they sit in has bars that are just far enough apart that the bottles tip over or the attendant comes in to clean or turn down the room and replaces the same bottles right side up lol. We had to continually ask for restocking...he must’ve thought we were hoarding them but there seemed to be so little actually in the bottles that we only got a couple uses out of each before it seemed empty. Definitely a lot of waste with these, will look forward to the large pump bottles on our next cruise on Silhouette after she’s been revitalized.  

• Thanks 1

Just got off a 10 night Reflection this past Monday. First time not in either CC or AQ in the last 10 years. Didn't care about the shampoo/conditioner bottles because I never use their products. Didn't have an issue with the small soaps. I did have an issue with the one shower cap left for a 10 night cruise and they no longer supply the little plastic vanity packs with q-tips and cotton balls. (remember when there was a  plastic container filled  with enough of these to for an entire sailing)  The ice bucket wasn't automatically filled so we had to request the ice. We did the Elite Plus flowers which are now down to 2 buds.  

We are also on the ship in September in an A2 anxious to see what has now been taken from AQ. 

IMO, "little by little" LLP has managed to chip away the things that made Celebrity a Premium line no matter what cabin you booked..    

Edited by Loracpin2
typo

In response to the comments about the large shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel, here is a picture of our shower on the Edge last May.  I have no idea of how easy or difficult they are to use since I bring my own stuff but my husband never complained, soI doubt they caused him any trouble.  I really took the picture to show how I used a stretch line for drying the clothes I hand washed and wanted to have them drip into the shower rather than on the bathroom floor.  

image.thumb.png.dd3933beaeb02e36e6fdda583bcb150d.png

That's a much better arrangement than we had on Equinox. We had separate extra large containers with pumps in them.... like you see at a salon. They would slip off the edge of the tub and come crashing down on my feet. I finally gave up and just left them on the floor of the tub. Not real convenient. For someone older it could be dangerous to be bent over like that or have them underfoot.