Majesty out of Nola dailies

Lbicklel

Is anyone back from any of the New Orleans sailings on the Majesty out of NOLA yet this year? I would be forever indebted it if anyone had copies of the daily schedules and/or dining room menus by night. I am especially interested in figuring out which nights are formal nights, and which nights have lobster or good steak (if any).

I am on the February 8 sailing and already losing my mind trying to figure out what to pack. I’ve learned how to pack for hot weather cruises and I’ve learned how to pack for cool weather cruises but this kind of in between that we will have in the Bahamas in February is driving me nuts. LOL.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On Majesty now - returning tomorrow. 

Night 2 and 6 are formal nights. Lobster on night 6.  

They have a New York strip steak as an option every night which is not too bad, but an entry level steak. 

We we had all types of weather this week. Definitely bring a light jacket or other things to layer.  Many lounges were cold this week so you may need something inside as well. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lbicklel said:

Is anyone back from any of the New Orleans sailings on the Majesty out of NOLA yet this year? I would be forever indebted it if anyone had copies of the daily schedules and/or dining room menus by night. I am especially interested in figuring out which nights are formal nights, and which nights have lobster or good steak (if any).

I am on the February 8 sailing and already losing my mind trying to figure out what to pack. I’ve learned how to pack for hot weather cruises and I’ve learned how to pack for cool weather cruises but this kind of in between that we will have in the Bahamas in February is driving me nuts. LOL.

Thanks!

You may also want to ask this on some of the recent and upcoming Roll Call theads.

7 hours ago, thrifty99 said:

On Majesty now - returning tomorrow. 

Night 2 and 6 are formal nights. Lobster on night 6.  

They have a New York strip steak as an option every night which is not too bad, but an entry level steak. 

We we had all types of weather this week. Definitely bring a light jacket or other things to layer.  Many lounges were cold this week so you may need something inside as well. 

Is this the Key West/Nassau/Coco Cay itinerary?

15 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

Is this the Key West/Nassau/Coco Cay itinerary?

Yes it is. Fingers crossed that we make all the ports...although I wouldn’t be disappointed if we have to trade Nassau for something else. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just got home from the Feb 8 sailing. Ask away!

I may try to do a short review tomorrow. Probably my biggest piece of advice is to avoid the buffet for dinner. Apparently there were many many complaints. Just no variety and no flavor. Otherwise it was a wonderful cruise.

Not sure if it was just luck of the draw or kind of the norm but it was very cold and windy sailing thru the Gulf so Monday and Friday were both cold and windy, Friday more so.

• Thanks 1

We were on the February 1st sailing. It was freezing most days on the pool deck. Most people had gloves and jackets. We hit a big storm on Thursday Feb. 6 and we were delayed getting back to NOLA. We no longer save compasses. Our itinerary was Nassau, Freeport, Key West. We went through immigration in Key west, so disembarkation was a 2:30 (delayed) walk off. The cruise was fun. The all onboard in Freeport and Key West were both 2:30 PM, so we didn't bother to get off anywhere. Plus in Key West we docked at the base, with a shuttle,  which further shortened time in town. 

14 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

I have SO many questions about the NOLA sailings.  Where are all of the CC members that have recently cruised Majesty on the new NOLA sailings?

I wrote a review of our Jan 18-25th Majesty cruise (link below) and I believe you saw / commented on it.  I posted copies of the daily Cruise Compass there.  

What are the questions you have?  I'd be happy to answer anything I can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1