Question about purchased OBC and arcade

GettotheSun

If I were to pre-purchase an OBC for one of my kids and apply it to the same card as the 'all you can play' arcade card, if he played games that were extra charge would those charges first be applied to the OBC?  Or would it be applied to my credit card?

OBC isn't tied to one cruise card, it's to the entire account.  So if you and your kids are all on the same onboard account, then all charges will go there.... and any OBC will be used by everyone, then anything remaining will get charged to the credit card on file.

Ok thanks for clarifying.  It's a bit confusing as if elect to purchase an OBC via the 'gifts' section it asks me who of our family I want to buy the credit for, so if it is just applied to the room I'm not sure why they are asking me for whom?  Is that just about them delivering a notification via card or whatever to the room to say a specific passenger received a credit (but it's ultimately credited to the room)?

Everyone in the cabin can open their own account with their own credit card, debit card or cash. How this applies to minor children isn't clear to me but I assume most parents place their children on the family account and restrict their purchases as they wish.