Entertainment: Escape vs Pearl vs Dawn

GottaLuvCruising

Last month we sailed our 49th and 50th cruises.  In recent years, most of our cruises have been on Princess, but we are Platinum on Carnival & Royal Caribbean and have also sailed with Celebrity, Disney and Norwegian.  Our most recent Norwegian cruises were in 2008 (Panama Canal, then Alaska on the Pearl.)  We hated "your style" dining (or whatever they called it then) as we always had to get a pager then order mediocre food in the MDR.  We ended up paying for the surcharge restaurants and swore off NCL for the last dozen years.  We sailed Princess four times last year and are getting bored with their entertainment.  We are taking our granddaughters on the Regal Princess for spring break, but don't have any other cruises booked.  

We both play MyVegas and NCL is offering a number of options (over our anniversary) for reward points that interest us.  Itinerary isn't important (Caribbean is Caribbean...) but entertainment IS important to us.  I know Dawn is the oldest of the three and we have sailed the Pearl a few times, so the ship itself causes us to lean toward the Escape.  But what about entertainment?  Can anyone tell me about the production shows?  Any significant difference with the resident show bands on those ships?  Nightclubs?  Comedy?  

Of the three cruise ships you listed - Escape is the newest one. There's the district brew house on the Escape and a beautiful waterfront you can walk around with bars/tables outside. If you want to, you can use this link: 

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape#!#whats-on-board

On the Escape: After Midnight, Escape the Big Top and Howl at the Moon, Levity Entertainment Group

On the Dawn - Elements, Showdown and Soul Rockin' Nights

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/dawn/whats-on-board/Entertainment

If I were you, I will choose to cruise on the Escape or the Bliss. More activities and entertainments on the Escape compared to the Dawn and Pearl.

• Like 1