Dawn Family Suite with Balcony

mcvalette

I would like to switch my current room, mini suite to a family suite with a balcony. We are booked on the Dawn.  Is there anyone who has photos of the cabin and do you know which rooms have the larger balcony?  I see some rooms have the 6th occupancy, is that the larger balcony?  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Looks like there are four youtubes of the cabins that sleep six on Dawn that are Family Suite with Balcony Cat SD.  I'm not sure if any of them have different balcony sizes, maybe someone can chime in.  It would appear that 12530 and 12030 would be largest but they balcony is cut off at the angle part of the ship there so from looking at say 12528 and 12028, those would be bigger than 12530/12030.

Those rooms were added around 2012 and is a generally quiet area, close to pool and buffet.  People tend to say the ones more to the aft are quieter due to running track above that area.

I stayed in one 2 summers ago and I remember finding balcony sizes on cruise critic.  Some of that category have really odd balconies.  Maybe try google searching the category letters after the word Dawn and that will direct you to the cruise critic posts that list sizes.  I think ours was 12250 - the last after the pool, about 4 suites from the pool area, and I liked it because you could see down the length of the ship.

I think the only downside of the Family Suite w/Balcony is that the deck above looks right down on the balcony.  I am thinking of bidding on this cabin from a Family Suite (no Balcony) but can't decide if it will bother me that people can look down on me!  T

I am staying in cabin 12520 in April. There is a you tube video of cabin 12050 that shows the balcony and that it has no cover. It seems to me, from the video, that someone would actually have to be leaning over the deck above to see you on  your balcony.

Thank you for the feedback.  I changed the room today to the one in the video.  The only concern I have about a non covered balcony is the rain.  I loved sitting on the balcony when it was raining.  I will need to pass on that.  I did read a few people mention the noise of the chairs being moved around and the power washing but I have commercial ear plugs for that.  Happy cruising and thank you again for the information.

Suite 12522 (port) has the largest best balcony for space - its mirror 12022 (starboard) -

The open air balcony that can viewed by those who look down from deck 13 is not all that

bad a deal - the deck crew stack lounge chairs against the glass railing so it is a reach to

see down. These suites and those forward are out of the running walking track noise area.

Bath areas feature double sinks a shower and separate tub - not a great deal of cabinet

storage space but then there is room under the huge king size bed - there is a convertible

uncomfortable couch and a very comfortable murphy bed.

Advantage plus to location just out the door is the elevator foyer and stairway system.

A real quiet end of the ship all suites on this level - except for some insides in the middle -

library and meeting rooms also in the middle of the deck plan - starboard side entry to

pool area is the towel exchange facility - port side CAUTION this is an authorized smoking gun area.

Pool deck is a semi sheltered area leading to the Topsiders Bar and Grill and thence to the Buffet.

As an alternative consider the 2BR suites on deck 11 for a few dollars more with separate half bath.