Prince Rupert

naturelovergirl

We visited Prince Rupert as a cruise ship port in September several years ago.  We were on a B2B with a first leg being the last sailing in Alaska for that particular ship that season.  

Luckily we had planned to visit the Museum of Northern British Columbia as the day we were there it was raining hard for most of the day.  We had a lovely lunch at a restaurant overlooking the harbor and also visited a nice artists co-op where I scored a pair of lovely earrings.  I suspect some of our fellow passengers were underwhelmed by this port, but every time I look outside of our stateroom window and do not see a Diamonds International I am happy.

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

We visited Prince Rupert as a cruise ship port in September several years ago.  We were on a B2B with a first leg being the last sailing in Alaska for that particular ship that season.  

Luckily we had planned to visit the Museum of Northern British Columbia as the day we were there it was raining hard for most of the day.  We had a lovely lunch at a restaurant overlooking the harbor and also visited a nice artists co-op where I scored a pair of lovely earrings.  I suspect some of our fellow passengers were underwhelmed by this port, but every time I look outside of our stateroom window and do not see a Diamonds International I am happy.

Thank you for your response... I am certainly looking for a trip that focuses on nature, culture, and experiences... 

6 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

Maybe the town web site will help you:

https://www.visitprincerupert.com/

Yes

Thank you 😊

I’ve been scouring the internet and did also find this Tourist site. The site is quite lovely- as are many websites promoting visiting a certain area..

But they don’t always give the most accurate picture.

i do value So Much opinions of others who have been there and experienced specific ports... especially the smaller less “splashy” or typical ones. 

• Like 1