Does Does Celebrity block some times for Specialty Restaurants

jmdlv1

Was on the website tonight and tried to book a couple reservations during our 3/8 sailing on the Edge.

9 pm was the earliest available at the Steakhouse all 7 nights.

Checked Tuscan also now part of MDR and 6 pm and 9 pm only were available.

Also ,do you have to wait until sailing to request times for Luminae ?.

Cabin is a CS but wanted to try additional restaurants.

Thanks in advance.

We ran into this problem on our last Equinox cruise. On that cruise we were in a Concierge cabin and we are Elite with Captain Club so I emailed several times (3 in total) about reservations for specialty dining. Never heard back from anyone until an email came through while we were on the ship. By this time we had made a visit to the dining room and were able to make a reservation for Tuscan.

I mention this because we are taking a cruise on Infinity in March. Had the same issue with specialty dining - all that was available was 9pm. I emailed and this time I politely & diplomatically mentioned that I was disappointed with how my emails were handled on the prior cruise. Voila! I received a phone call within 48 hours and they had availability at Tuscan on the first night of the cruise at a decent time.

Not sure if they block some times but it might be worth an email or call with your request(s).

16 minutes ago, PBTravelBug said:

We ran into this problem on our last Equinox cruise. On that cruise we were in a Concierge cabin and we are Elite with Captain Club so I emailed several times (3 in total) about reservations for specialty dining. Never heard back from anyone until an email came through while we were on the ship. By this time we had made a visit to the dining room and were able to make a reservation for Tuscan.

I mention this because we are taking a cruise on Infinity in March. Had the same issue with specialty dining - all that was available was 9pm. I emailed and this time I politely & diplomatically mentioned that I was disappointed with how my emails were handled on the prior cruise. Voila! I received a phone call within 48 hours and they had availability at Tuscan on the first night of the cruise at a decent time.

Not sure if they block some times but it might be worth an email or call with your request(s).

I did email the Celebrity Dining address . We'll see what happens

• Like 1

Getting reservations on the Edge for Fine Cut and Eden can be difficult.  We pre-booked and happy we did.  Last cruise we added a couple of nights on board for Raw on Five and easily got our 8:30 reservations.  Unfortunately we tried early on to get a second night in Eden or FC and our options were very early or 9:30, we took a pass and enjoyed another night in Raw instead.

Have a great cruise and do try lunch at the Le Grand Bistro if you can, great food.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

You should be receiving a email from the Shoreside concierge a week or so before sailing and they should be able to assist with your reservations.  Also once on the ship  The Retreat Concierge can arrange for you to visit Tuscan and can assist with you in getting a reservation at the Fine Cut Steak House.  The steak house seems to be the most popular so it doesn’t surprise me that 9:00 is all that is showing. 

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You should be receiving a email from the Shoreside concierge a week or so before sailing and they should be able to assist with your reservations.  Also once on the ship  The Retreat Concierge can arrange for you to visit Tuscan and can assist with you in getting a reservation at the Fine Cut Steak House.  The steak house seems to be the most popular so it doesn’t surprise me that 9:00 is all that is showing. 

Oh, I didn’t realize CS got the use of the Shoreside Concierge for dinner reservations and free Specialty Dining.  Always thought it was RS and higher, thanks for this info.

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

CS don’t get free speciality dining but we were contacted by the Shoreside Concierge and they booked 2 speciality restaurants, we paid for the dinners.

Thanks, very good to know.  Katie

Thanks for the great suggestions.

I was able to book Tuscan and did email dining twice so far with no response.

On 1/28/2020 at 11:23 PM, jelayne said:

Great info and Thank you

We are currently on Equinox.  Purchases a 4 night Specialty Dining package pre-cruise.

When making reservations for the week on embarkation day the "available" dining times at both Tuscan and Murano were 5:30, 6, or 8:30.  The Murano person making the reservations confirmed that "prime times" were held for guests paying full price.