Tips for a balcony room

Hooked2

Agree with @shipgeeks-- we've had a balcony twice, for Panama Canal and for Cape Horn circuit. Both were used for one day each (the transit and Glacier Alley respectively) -- too hot-n-humid on the Mexican Riviera and too cold in South America. So not a problem to go back to oceanviews. But the larger room and "really big window" were nice, I will say.

As far as the original question -- binoculars and a large map of your route (and a magnet to hang it by the door or a Command Hook clip to put it ON the door). The towel clips may be found at your local dollar store.

Our two favorite things about having a balcony:

1. The sail-in to ports.  Would never forget the breathtaking views sailing into Bora-Bora.

2. The sail-away.  Way too many fond memories...sitting in the balcony with glass of...sigh...Sydney with the Sydney Opera House.........under the Golden Gate Bridge.....in Istanbul with the view of Hagia Sophia....sigh...so many more.

Happy Sailing!

On 2/7/2020 at 6:05 PM, shipgeeks said:

Oops, I clicked on the wrong reply.

Obviously, it has been established that AC is affected.

What I meant to disagree with is "once you have a balcony you can never go back".  We've been upgraded to a balcony twice in 44 cruises; both times we said "what's the attraction?"

We love oceanview, however.  Binoculars are good.  Less chance of rude neighbors affecting our cruise.

I agree with you.  We started in balconies and do enjoy them, but our last two cruises were ocean views and they were fine.  Our next cruise will be an interior with picture window (obstructed view, former French door on Carnival), and having daylight will be fine for us.

I do enjoy the balcony when it is good, but weather and bad behavior from neighbors can make them unusable at times.  We take it on a case by case basis now which type we book.