Taxi prices

Uniqeni

Hiya, we will be docking for only 1 day Friday late April 24th. I know Bermuda has a great public transportation system and it's cheaper than taxis but due to time constraints I'm wondering if it saves more time. How much would it cost for 5 of us to go from Kings wharf to the caves ... And how long would it take? 

I'd like to be back for 1pm lunch and some shopping before we head back out. 

37 minutes ago, Uniqeni said:

I know Bermuda has a great public transportation system and it's cheaper than taxis but due to time constraints I'm wondering if it saves more time.

Sometimes thats true and sometimes it's not. Bermuda is long and narrow-- taxis are generally faster as long as you aren't going the full length of the island. 

37 minutes ago, Uniqeni said:

How much would it cost for 5 of us to go from Kings wharf to the caves ... And how long would it take? 

Which in this case you will be and would be much better served to take the ferry from Dockyard to St Georges and then take a quick taxi ride to the caves from St Georges. It will save time vs a taxi and be much more cost effective. 

The only way I would see this making sense in a taxi is if you arranged a blue flag taxi tour that took you to or from the caves. Given your time constraints that might be a good way to see a bit of the island. 

36 minutes ago, Uniqeni said:

Hiya, we will be docking for only 1 day Friday late April 24th. I know Bermuda has a great public transportation system and it's cheaper than taxis but due to time constraints I'm wondering if it saves more time. How much would it cost for 5 of us to go from Kings wharf to the caves ... And how long would it take? 

I'd like to be back for 1pm lunch and some shopping before we head back out. 

It would cost $80 each way and take about 50 minutes. An alternative is to take the ferry to St George’s at $4.50 each for a token, a 45 minute ferry trip, and a taxi from there to the caves, about 15 minutes at $25. Or a ferry to Hamilton and a taxi from there to the caves at about $35. 

Thank you, I know cost wise it's smarter to do it that way. I was just wondering how much Tim you would actually save taking a cab direct from Port and back. I know if you miss a run by 5 minutes on ferry that could throw you off a bit. Maybe ferry to St George with taxi back up if we miss a run by a few mins. 

1 hour ago, Uniqeni said:

I know if you miss a run by 5 minutes on ferry that could throw you off a bit. Maybe ferry to St George with taxi back up if we miss a run by a few mins. 

Thats how we've done it a few times. You'll get to see a decent overview of the island taking the taxi back. Stop off a few places or arrange for a blue flag taxi to get a tour.