Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Flamin_June

To Ovate or not to Ovate

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Or you might be confined to your cabin and have nothing to do except blog . . . 😉

Hmmm.... that will make exciting reading:

Monday: Sat on balcony. Saw seagull, bits of floating plastic and some dock workers in the distance. Went to bathroom, shampoo running low, but Stewardess now in quarantine. Dined in-room, wait staff left tray at door and rang bell. Supplies running low, but fortunately we were able to make a meal of breadsticks (which never run out) washed down with some NF champagne, which was found in a dark, rarely visited part of the hold.

Tuesday: see above

etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Flamin_June said:

Hmmm.... that will make exciting reading:

Monday: Sat on balcony. Saw seagull, bits of floating plastic and some dock workers in the distance. Went to bathroom, shampoo running low, but Stewardess now in quarantine. Dined in-room, wait staff left tray at door and rang bell. Supplies running low, but fortunately we were able to make a meal of breadsticks (which never run out) washed down with some NF champagne, which was found in a dark, rarely visited part of the hold.

Tuesday: see above

etc

 

No NF champagne! They now serve Montaudon which is a tad sweet for my palate but is overall far more pleasant than the Nicky F. No heartburn after consumption of the Montaudon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

No NF champagne! They now serve Montaudon which is a tad sweet for my palate but is overall far more pleasant than the Nicky F. No heartburn after consumption of the Montaudon. 

Things are looking up! Now more optimistic than ever!! Are the funny (i.e. odd) TK chocolates still being dished out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Flamin_June said:

Things are looking up! Now more optimistic than ever!! Are the funny (i.e. odd) TK chocolates still being dished out?

 

They were on Sojourn a couple of months ago. I developed a fondness for the cherry flavoured one.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. I quite liked them, though I know they were not to everyone's taste. As a recovering chocaholic, I have been chocolate-free for 8 months, but was looking forward to falling off the wagon in a few weeks time when we board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Flamin_June said:

Monday: Sat on balcony. Saw seagull,

More likely an albatross

 

"Alone, alone, all, all alone,

Alone on a wide wide sea!

And never a saint took pity on

My soul in agony."

 

Then again "alone, alone all, all alone" sounds more like The Retreat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Isklaar said:

 

Hi Julie.

Indeed. I moaned incessantly about internet speed in our suite in December on Sojourn, but elsewhere on the ship the speed was better than it had been on previous cruises around the Caribbean, although not as good as on Ovation. 

I was on Ovation Singapore- Hong Kong. The signal was very good most of the time. 

 

 

 

 

I am hoping that when Sojourn goes into dry dock in December that the internet is upgraded to work better. I have resigned myself for slow internet on our upcoming cruise in April/May.

 

Since Ovation has so much better speed I am thinking it must be the ship not just band width and satellite coverage but I'm no expert.

 

Flamin June your droll sense of humour will make your blog a fun one. But I totally understand that problem of getting into the swing of shipboard life and this getting in the way of writing the blog.🙂

 

Julie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...