Sydney Hotels

dmlee1990

Hello!  Any recommendations on hotels in the Sydney Central Business District Area?  I am currently looking at the Radisson Hotel & Suites Sydney.  Is this area fairly safe?  We don't plan on staying out late, but would like a hotel in a safe area.  Thank you!

3 hours ago, dmlee1990 said:

Hello!  Any recommendations on hotels in the Sydney Central Business District Area?  I am currently looking at the Radisson Hotel & Suites Sydney.  Is this area fairly safe?  We don't plan on staying out late, but would like a hotel in a safe area.  Thank you!

All of Sydney is safe .

Radisson is ok .In between darling harbour and China town.

I'm a (somewhat...a few times each year) regular at the Sydney Harbour Marriott at Circular Quay. It's a very nice hotel, great location. Worth bumping up to a Harbour/Opera House view if you can afford such. Highly recommended, and although I've stayed at plenty of other places in Sydney, it's the one I usually go back to. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dmlee1990 said:

Thanks so much!

If you’re ship is leaving from circular quay,you may be interested in staying there.

If you can get a good deal at the four seasons it would be the best.

But depends on what you’re after.  the closer to the harbour the prices go up .

We have a fantastic public transport system and all you need is to be near a station and your minutes from anywhere.

How long will you be in town for? Do you like to eat out?

18 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

If you’re ship is leaving from circular quay,you may be interested in staying there.

If you can get a good deal at the four seasons it would be the best.

But depends on what you’re after.  the closer to the harbour the prices go up .

We have a fantastic public transport system and all you need is to be near a station and your minutes from anywhere.

How long will you be in town for? Do you like to eat out?

Thanks for the suggestion.  Our ship does sail out of Circular Quay.  I'm trying to find a hotel that has a 2 bedroom suite (my husband snores and our daughters want a separate bedroom.  haha!)  So, right now, I'm looking at the Radisson and Meriton on Sussex.  We will just be in town for a couple of days before the cruise.  Wish we could be in town longer.  

I see that Sydney has an excellent transportation system, so we will take advantage of that.  We do like eating out and trying new foods.  My daughter is a foodie and enjoys reviewing restaurants!  We hope to see the Opera House, Chinatown, Sydney Wild Life Zoo/Aquarium, and wherever else we can visit in 2 days.  

43 minutes ago, dmlee1990 said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Our ship does sail out of Circular Quay.  I'm trying to find a hotel that has a 2 bedroom suite (my husband snores and our daughters want a separate bedroom.  haha!)  So, right now, I'm looking at the Radisson and Meriton on Sussex.  We will just be in town for a couple of days before the cruise.  Wish we could be in town longer.  

I see that Sydney has an excellent transportation system, so we will take advantage of that.  We do like eating out and trying new foods.  My daughter is a foodie and enjoys reviewing restaurants!  We hope to see the Opera House, Chinatown, Sydney Wild Life Zoo/Aquarium, and wherever else we can visit in 2 days.  

Have a look at SKYE suites,it looks like something you’re looking for.

People are talking about SKYE.

11 hours ago, dmlee1990 said:

I'm trying to find a hotel that has a 2 bedroom suite

Just also keep in mind that, unless you really need a suite, it can often be cheaper to get two completely separate rooms than one two-bedroom suite. Obviously more to the decision than just price, but something to look at if you haven't already. 

2 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

Just also keep in mind that, unless you really need a suite, it can often be cheaper to get two completely separate rooms than one two-bedroom suite. Obviously more to the decision than just price, but something to look at if you haven't already. 

Thanks, Zach!  Yes, I am thinking about that also.  We prefer to be in the same room, but understand that the cost might be a bit more.  Still weighing all our options and looking for some good deals.  

We stayed at the Marriott at the Circular Quay and like a previous post said, it was clean and lovely and close to all the boats and water transport and the opera house, plus many restaurants in the opera house area.  There are so many hotels and Sydney is safe, so enjoy!