MSC Seaside 16053

alyssamma

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? I'm not worried about noise, but want to make sure it is the same size as the other cabins. I read one post that said 16038 (on the other side) was narrower and the balcony was smaller.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? I'm not worried about noise, but want to make sure it is the same size as the other cabins. I read one post that said 16038 (on the other side) was narrower and the balcony was smaller.

Thanks in advance.

When is your cruise?  I’m booked in that cabin in May. Interested in hearing about it.  

Edited by agnesd

I've been in 16051 and will say that was a bad location and I felt sorrier for the people in 16053.  If you look closely at the deck plans you will see the cabins on 16 are offset one more to the aft than on deck 18.  That makes the two aft YC cabins on 16 under the upper deck area of the Jungle pool deck, not under the YC cabins on 18.  The pool deck noise can permeate to 16051 and 16036.  There is a large couch and loungers up there and on our sailing almost every night people would sit there and talk, drink and generally party long into the night.  Then at 5am the area would be cleaned and you could hear them moving the heavy furniture around.  I can only imagine how bad it was in 16053.   I'm sure people have had great quiet sailings in those cabins, but I will never again book either of the two aft YC cabins on 16, port or starboard.  Nor the two aft cabins on 18.  We had friends in 16049 and it was fine in there.

Edited by Até

1 minute ago, alyssamma said:

Thanks, but like I said, not worried about noise.

My Q was ONLY about the room size.

I saw that, but agnesd asked a question also and might be unaware of that problem with the cabins.

If you post on an open forum that's what you get, other people are going to ask related questions.  I you look at my posting history you will see I initially passed on commenting on this thread because of your wording.  When agnesd posted saying they were booked in the cabin and were interested in hearing opinions about it I made my post because there was a good chance they were unaware of the noise issues.  I don't think either comment is off topic.  Good luck getting responses to your initial question.

4 minutes ago, Até said:

If you post on an open forum that's what you get

Unfortunately true...but it doesnt mean you need to add to it.

A simple search shows you have posted this before, so agnesd can easily get that info.

I'm assuming you have nothing to add to my specific and original question.

In case anyone else is wondering, I got an answer on another forum. The room is the same orientation but slightly larger because of an entranceway the other rooms don't have. Also the balcony is slightly larger...but just a smidge.

This matches what a butler told me on the ship, so hoping with 2 independent sources it is correct 😀

I've stayed in cabin 16053 on Seaview (identical sister ship) and also on a different cruise 16032 so feel qualified to make a comparison.

I much preferred 16053 as it is larger with an extra corridor (inside the cabin) which gives a lot of extra space for storage etc. The door to the cabin from inside sits on this corridor and on opening faces down the corridor of the YC. As it is the last cabin there was no footfall passing the doorway.

The balcony was slightly larger than 16032 and has the advantage of only having people on one side so was quieter and more private. 

I did hear noise once a day, usually around 20.00 hours as they were stacking the loungers etc. I never heard people talking.

I thought 16053 was a fabulous cabin and tried to book it again but could never find it available.

13 hours ago, SeaSunset22 said:

I've stayed in cabin 16053 on Seaview (identical sister ship) and also on a different cruise 16032 so feel qualified to make a comparison.

I much preferred 16053 as it is larger with an extra corridor (inside the cabin) which gives a lot of extra space for storage etc. The door to the cabin from inside sits on this corridor and on opening faces down the corridor of the YC. As it is the last cabin there was no footfall passing the doorway.

The balcony was slightly larger than 16032 and has the advantage of only having people on one side so was quieter and more private. 

I did hear noise once a day, usually around 20.00 hours as they were stacking the loungers etc. I never heard people talking.

I thought 16053 was a fabulous cabin and tried to book it again but could never find it available.

SeaSunset, thanks so much. This matches what I have been told, but great to hear from someone who has actually been there.

• Like 1