Booked Enchanted Princess!

Kmkub

Hi everyone! I don't have a ton of questions; just mostly wanting to share.

Our first ever cruise was on the Ruby during her sixth week of sailing. We sailed six times on Princess and then ventured out to try other lines. After trying NCL, RCCL and MSC, we are now going back to Princess to remember why we fell in love with it.

So excited!!

One thing we know for sure - nothing beats the Princess Piazza, the specialty coffee and Crooners, by far the best martinis at sea!

One question would be if my unused specialty coffee punches will still be honored. Also, if there have been any big policy changes since 2015, please do share.

• Like 1

Likely just going off a list here, so do apologize for the disorganized nature:

The most significant "policy" change might be as such:

No more coffee cards; old punches no longer reimbursable (some thread here says yes, but on a new ship, the staff will likely be more aware/there will be a stricter policy) -- all coffee purchases are through the Medallion

[Enchanted will be a Medallion ship. What is the Ocean Medallion? Click here]

I see that you were on Regal in 2015, so I know you won't have a steep learning curve for much of Enchanted, if at all. Other changes you might like to know about Princess in general, but may have no bearing on your experience, include:

• Reduced use of single-use items: no bar soap, lotion tubes [both replaced with a large bottle], plastic straws, sugar packets (now replaced with a "sugar shaker"), bags from the photo gallery, stir sticks, and many other single-use items
  • No more barrel chair in cabins.
  • MDR menus no longer include the steak option in the Princess Favorites section (not sure when this was removed, but a rotating specialty-style burger is now there)
  • New softer mattresses
  • Note that there are now Premium Deluxe balconies on Dolphin deck and Mini-Suites on Emerald deck, forward and aft
  • For many design changes, search pictures of Sky Princess -- venues such as Princess Live and Vista Lounge have been modified 

Hope you have a great cruise! Come back and let us know how your experience goes!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

SKY didn't have Crooners 😞 but it looks like the people have spoken and it will be back on Discovery - not sure about Enchanted

The first thing I did before reserving the Sky was to check to be sure it had a Crooners. I came here and searched through threads to figure out it wasn't! I'm not doing a Princess cruise without Crooners!!!! I'm so glad the decision was reversed. I doubted we were the only ones who think it's a great spot to hang.

• Like 1

We are returning to Princess after a three year absence aboard Enchanted too. There’s a new Jazz venue replacing the night club we had on Royal Princess. Excited to back with Princess on a brand new ship after a disappointing cruise on Allure of the Seas. 

Celebrity Edge will be hard to beat though I fear!

• Like 1