First time Royal Caribbean cruiser. Cabin help needed

onebzemom

Hello,  I am booking our first cruise tomorrow on RC and I'm a bit nervous!  We've cruise on Holland, Princess, NCL and now Platinum on Carnival.  So cruising is not new to us.  But I cannot figure out where would be a good location for our cabin.  We normally like mid ship on the lowest deck, usually ocean view.  I have been doing so much reading about the noise facing the 'Villages'.  Right now, I think picking our rooms might be the better way to go with so many options. There are so many categories to pick from.  Virtual views?  OMG!  We would be willing to do an inside cabin, if the location is the best.  I've been reading Decks 6 and 8 are the most popular.  But right now, my head is spinning with all the info I've been reading.  We need two rooms close by each other, one for us  (mid 60's) and one for my parents (mid 80's).  Neither of us are night owls.  We've had balconies before and are not really impressed with them.  We just don't spend that much time in the room.  Any suggestions would be really appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Just now, onebzemom said:

Hello,  I am booking our first cruise tomorrow on RC and I'm a bit nervous!  We've cruise on Holland, Princess, NCL and now Platinum on Carnival.  So cruising is not new to us.  But I cannot figure out where would be a good location for our cabin.  We normally like mid ship on the lowest deck, usually ocean view.  I have been doing so much reading about the noise facing the 'Villages'.  Right now, I think picking our rooms might be the better way to go with so many options. There are so many categories to pick from.  Virtual views?  OMG!  We would be willing to do an inside cabin, if the location is the best.  I've been reading Decks 6 and 8 are the most popular.  But right now, my head is spinning with all the info I've been reading.  We need two rooms close by each other, one for us  (mid 60's) and one for my parents (mid 80's).  Neither of us are night owls.  We've had balconies before and are not really impressed with them.  We just don't spend that much time in the room.  Any suggestions would be really appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

You didn't mention which ship you are booking.  That will make a difference.   We always book with cabins above and below which should lessen noise. 

If you're going to be on an Oasis class ship, take the physical fitness of the people involved into account when selecting a room.  It can be a LONG walk from the elevators to the rooms -- the ships are huge!  

Other than that, I've not found noise to be a huge issue pretty much anywhere, although occasionally someone will complain about noise from the Boardwalk area. 

If you want a window or an inside room on an Oasis class ship, you may find that the price is actually higher than a "neighborhood balcony" room, simply because everything is priced on supply and demand, and this class of ship doesn't have as many non-balcony rooms.  

A neighborhood balcony room will have a balcony overlooking either Central Park or Boardwalk (similarly, a CP or BW view room will have a window overlooking that area).  I've done CP balcony rooms a few times now, because they were cheaper than the insides at the time I booked my cruise.  (Like you, I don't spend much time on a balcony or in my room, so an inside room is just fine with me.)

So sorry.  I thought I had listed everything to help with my question.  (dummy Me!)  We are going on Symphony or Harmony of the Seas.  August 22/23, 2020.  Rooms are limited now.  We usually book a year in advance.  This was just a last minute added to our DisneyWorld Trip.  We try to get mid ship to cut down on so much walking, especially for my parents.  Also, finding a focal point helps my Mom to get orientated.  (Like the glass elevators on Carnival)

Edited by onebzemom

2 hours ago, onebzemom said:

We try to get mid ship to cut down on so much walking, especially for my parents.

Mid-ship will actually be MORE walking -- they'll have to walk a long way forward or backward to get to elevators or stairs from the room.  Better to look for a room right around an elevator bank if you're looking to limit walking.