Vista Suite Perks on Veendam

Lynda S

When we booked a Vista Suite last year (for this May) on the Veendam I thought I had read somewhere on HAL's site that there were some perks that come with a Vista Suite.  When I search now though I come up with nothing extra.  I don't recall exactly what I read, but I do think I remember a one-touch concierge that we could call as well as other benefits.  Was I imagining things, or is there any benefits to booking a Vista Suite?

A Vista Suite is basically a Verandah cabin.  Mind you, the Vista cabins on the S & R ships (Veendam is one) are bigger than the verandahs on the larger ships but they are not suite size 🙂 

I believe you will find binoculars in your room (new perk) and should have the one touch concierge by phone (which is basically the front desk, I believe).

There are not a lot of perks with the Vista Suite that I can recall although you will receive double Mariner points for booking that category 😉 

You also get the no host bar, which includes some empty glasses on a shelf.   You get double loyalty points (a great perk).  Room service is lame.  We had a pretty disappointing and downsized menu on our signature suite.

I think we still get flowers, but someone else should weigh in on that.

On the Veendam, if you want a balcony,  the vista suite is the "cheapest" option.  They also have a Lanai (shared promenade).

We just had a Vista Suite on the Veendam a few weeks ago and loved it. There is a large sofa (the sofa we had on the Koningsdam verandah cabin  in January was only an oversized chair and didn't accommodate two people), good size balcony, mini-fridge, 9 drawers in the desk which I loved for clothing storage, and of course the double sailing days bonus. The flower (singular) was a carnation that lasted all week. We enjoyed the room service menu, especially the quesadilla, chili, and club sandwich. There were also two hot items available for lunches/dinner if you wanted them. Would not hesitate to book a Vista Suite again on the Veendam.

• Like 1