Rotterdam or Veendam- cabin upgrades?

TonyC1952

Hi 

Can anyone advise me about the oceanview cabins on the Rotterdam or the Veendam? Have the bathrooms been upgraded to the floor to ceiling showers, and has the TV system been upgraded to the interactive systems like on the Volendam? We’re considering a transatlantic voyage on the Rotterdam or Veendam, and the upgrades will be an important factor in our decision- thanks!

Edited by TonyC1952

I'm interested in knowing this as well, because we are booked on the Rotterdam for a trans-Atlantic in the fall.  However, looking at photos dated September 2019, it doesn't look like the televisions have been updated, and the "friendly" shower curtains still exist.  Check cabin 2591 on halfacts.com and you'll see what I mean.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Veendam OVs still have tubs.  The bathrooms were all renovated in 2009 (so they don’t have the small tile walls and floors when first built in 1996) - they are very nice.  Climbing in and out of the tub for a shower not too bad (but certainly not as easy as stepping into a shower area that is the length of the tub).  More room in there than the insides with the standard corner shower cubicle arrangement.

TVs are not interactive- that I noticed.  Didn’t spend a lot of time with it on, truth be told.  They still have DVD players, so that’s probably a hint...

Was on the Veendam two weeks ago.  Sailed her previously in 2009, 2010, and 2011.  I can say she looks better than ever.  New carpets, furnishings.  Big difference from 9 years ago or so.  Liked her then.  Like her even more now.

Can’t comment on the Rotterdam.

We were on the Rotterdam for 32 days, disembarking two weeks ago.  We were on Main deck in an ocean view cabin.  Like the Veendam, the bathrooms were up graded with the larger tiles on the walls and floor, but still had the bathtub.  The tv was not interactive.  It was the smaller tv mounted on a shelf above the desk with a dvd player bolted to the underside of the shelf.

We were also on the Veendam for 67 days last summer in an ocean view cabin on Main deck.  Both ships’ public areas were updated in theIr last drydock, and the areas are a lot brighter.  The biggest change to the Rotterdam occurred last November when the Mix and piano bar were removed and replaced with Billboard on Board.  The new configuration was well done, and Billboard on Board was very popular.

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser