Cable Beach or Cabbage Beach?

brookmill18

We're looking for a beach day with teens (16, three 19YO). We were looking for non AI--just a beach where we could rent chairs or just use towels, but with some activities for the 19 YO's. Want to try to steer clear of Señor Frog's, so thinking a fun beach day where they could get a couple of beers on the beach if they want, relax, walk around, etc. I think both of these beaches are pretty easy via taxi from the cruise port? Thanks!

We went last week. My plan was to take a taxi to Cable, and just check out the free area. I figured if the free area has no services, I could go buy a day pass at Sandals right there. But when we got to the port, I asked a worker at the info desk there at the port. He said Cable beach is a private beach. That scared me off from going there. I didn't want to take the 20-25min taxi ride there and there really not be any free/public areas. So we ended up walking to the public/free beach area (about 4 or 5 blocks from the port). It was ok - not stellar, but some food vendors and drink stands, etc along there.

38 minutes ago, bushwhack77 said:

We went last week. My plan was to take a taxi to Cable, and just check out the free area. I figured if the free area has no services, I could go buy a day pass at Sandals right there. But when we got to the port, I asked a worker at the info desk there at the port. He said Cable beach is a private beach. That scared me off from going there. I didn't want to take the 20-25min taxi ride there and there really not be any free/public areas. So we ended up walking to the public/free beach area (about 4 or 5 blocks from the port). It was ok - not stellar, but some food vendors and drink stands, etc along there.

Maybe he was trying to sell you a tour? There are 2 access points, the whole beach is private but you get there in between resorts. The #10 bus is $1.25 pp and will drop off there